Fowler Welsh( Nuneaton)

What they like for work??What job condition ,pay rate ,shift pattern ■■?How long normaly working day???I think this is in Daily Crest site.

Andrejs:
What they like for work??What job condition ,pay rate ,shift pattern ■■?How long normaly working day???I think this is in Daily Crest site.

My mate worked for DC before Fowler Welch took over the transport. So he would have been tuped over to FW so no point asking him what he earns as it will no doubt be different. He doesn’t mind it but they do plan you long shifts with a lot of waiting time involved.

simcor:

Andrejs:

My mate worked for DC before Fowler Welch took over the transport. So he would have been tuped over to FW so no point asking him what he earns as it will no doubt be different. He doesn’t mind it but they do plan you long shifts with a lot of waiting time involved.

What they pay for this long hours???Small,medium or big peanuts■■? :smiley: :smiley:

Andrejs:

simcor:

Andrejs:

What they pay for this long hours???Small,medium or big peanuts■■? :smiley: :smiley:

He earns well enough out of it but as I say he is an ex dairy crest employee that was tuped over so it wouldn’t make any difference telling you what he earns even if I knew. I know he works weekends for extra money and has two days off in the middle of the week and works nights.

I know his shifts are usually at least 12 hours and can be longer regularly. And quite often his deliveries are complete by the early hours and his collections are for much later so lots of twiddling your thumbs.

It’s FW what you expecting. Same as freshlinc just a different shirt.

Stobartski in Goole are hiring…

the nodding donkey:

Stobart and their agency Logistic people good fort work.No hassle with start time,cancelation.But now one problem at Rugby truck stop.To many shift just about 9 hours.Just make delivery and to many time back empty to yard.Because they have big contract with Vovlic,Evian water.But most load come from France in container or by foreigh truck.Stobart just do delivery but no collection.Stobart was good for work when they had contract with Britvic and Coca cola.

I worked for Foulerski Walshkey, I was paid in swan meat.
The uniform was a jogging trousers, cheapo nylon version from Lidl that cost them a fiver.
If you lose or damage the issued flop flips, your wage is garnished and you lose the swan meat vouchers.

Andrejs:

the nodding donkey:

Stobart and their agency Logistic people good fort work.No hassle with start time,cancelation.But now one problem at Rugby truck stop.To many shift just about 9 hours.Just make delivery and to many time back empty to yard.Because they have big contract with Vovlic,Evian water.But most load come from France in container or by foreigh truck.Stobart just do delivery but no collection.Stobart was good for work when they had contract with Britvic and Coca cola.

Yes. If only Stobartski could get their trucks in the right place, at the right time…
It’s very easy to go in, cut the rate way below anybody else, to get the work, but you need the ability to actually get trucks/trailers on the loading bay when the customer requires them. Not when it suits Stobartski. .

£8 merchants .

Constantly advertising up my way (Washington TYNE & Wear), as stated above £8 ph merchants, wouldn’t touch them with a barge poll for that type of “money”!!

Sorry to sound pedantic but are they not called Fowler Welch ?

Suedehead:
Sorry to sound pedantic but are they not called Fowler Welch ?

Round these ere parts they referred to as “Fowler f#####up:slight_smile:

Mark500:
Constantly advertising up my way (Washington TYNE & Wear), as stated above £8 ph merchants, wouldn’t touch them with a barge poll for that type of “money”!!

Is that not just their trailer you’re seeing about?

I think better aplly for Culina or Moran.

Goldfinger:

Mark500:

“trailer your seeing about” ■■

Another thread gone off track
Fowler Welch (Nuneaton) was the original thread nothing was asked about Stobarts Cullina or Moran in other parts of the country

lolipop:
Another thread gone off track
Fowler Welch (Nuneaton) was the original thread nothing was asked about Stobarts Cullina or Moran in other parts of the country

15726483_10154123853503483_4241471562979568424_n.jpg

I think with Fowlers, and Freshlinc for that matter one look at the side of the wagons tells all you need to know.

Safety notices, writing in Polish large and first, English small and second.

I walked away from more than one otherwise good job because of lonelyness. Loads of people, but none with whom I had a language in common. I don’t on a whole have a problem with EE coming over here and driving our wagons, (I’m a lot more incensed by EE coming over here in their own wagons) but I do think its a bit much when the Brits on the staff have to start learning foreign languages to go about their daily work.

Goldfinger:

Mark500:

No not trailer related. FW website always recruiting & Velocity (S`land based Agency) always pushing for FW drivers. Sometimes they name their “client” other times they dont but you can obviously tell by the wording of the advert who its for. Spoke to a FW driver approx 2.5yrs ago & he was on £7.75ph on days. I dare say its gone up but I wouldnt think a great deal.