No CD slot

I spent ages making up compilation CD’s to play on the road. I’ve had a brand new truck allocated to my run from this week and when I went to put a CD in, there’s no slot in the dash. I happened to mention it to my daughter and she told me I needed a ‘spotted fly’ or something on my phone for music these days. When I asked her how a fly with acne and my Nokia 3210 would work together to give me music, she just rolled her eyes like teenagers do, said "seriously?, and walked out the door. Absolutely no respect from the kids these days.

Anyway, what’s the deal? Do new trucks not come with cd players anymore? And where do I find a spotted fly?

Spotify is the dogs Bo locks, I couldn’t do without it these days. Not played a CD in many a year. Come join us in 2017, get a cheap smartphone, download Spotify and BOOM, all the music you ever wanted

New scania stereo has a sd card slot you can use, or most have a wired aux you can use to plug your Sony Walkman disc player in, or upgrade to an iPod.

well cheesed off when my new CF arrived with no CD slot :imp: my niece sorted me out with an MP3 player,and loaded all my music on :smiley:

CDs are history grandad :smiley:
Wife’s new Merc and step dads 16 plate Peugeot don’t have CD players either,they are being phased out gradually.

xichrisxi:
they are being phased out gradually.

^^^ this is true :cry: :cry: :cry:

I got laughed at the other day by a ‘youngster’ when I moaned about the lack of a CD player… apparently its all on your phone (!)

Not sure there being actually phased out , in a few cars we’ve looked at lately the salesmen are saying there optional extras now ,my mrs won’t have a car without one in which is why we’re hanging off pre- ordering the new fiesta St until salesman can confirm we can have cd in it , if we can / he thinks we can then we’ll go for it ,

xichrisxi:

But apparently records are making a comeback? :open_mouth:

What truck is it? There should be a USB slot in the truck somewhere. Either on the radio or on the dash somewhere. Just buy a USB memory stick and burn all your cds onto windows media player and then transfer them to your USB. You’ll have all your music on that little stick. Miles better than having cds

For Dipper Dave, I renamed this thread Seedy Slot, he likes those.

muckles:

xichrisxi:

But apparently records are making a comeback? :open_mouth:

Maybe 18 plate cars will come with a record player :smiley:

Bring back the 8 track stereo I say.

you can put 700 song tracks onto a 2 gb sd card the same size as a postage stamp…same for a memory stick…these work even in donegal :smiley:

I remember watching the road go by through a hole in the floor when I was a lad, how times change. :grimacing:

MickM

Night-and-day:
What truck is it? There should be a USB slot in the truck somewhere. Either on the radio or on the dash somewhere. Just buy a USB memory stick and burn all your cds onto windows media player and then transfer them to your USB. You’ll have all your music on that little stick. Miles better than having cds

It’s a MAN TGX.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I’ll investigate all the options and I’m sure my daughter will sort me out.

The truck makes satisfying hissing noises as it goes up and down the gearbox so I’ll listen to that for now.

switchlogic:
Spotify is the dogs Bo locks, I couldn’t do without it these days. Not played a CD in many a year. Come join us in 2017, get a cheap smartphone, download Spotify and BOOM, all the music you ever wanted

Agreed even the free version is good nobody uses a CD player anymore, 30gb on the 3 network and sorted.

I have heard of drivers who listen to radio 2, a vicious rumour which i refuse to believe.

I bet the ops car still has this in it

record.jpg

blue estate:

I’m trying to work out what that is, but it doesn’t look like my Ford factory fitted CD player.

I still have my original metallic blue Sony Walkman cassette player, when they first came out, in a drawer somewhere. That’ll be worth a few bob one day !

citycat:

blue estate:

I’m trying to work out what that is, but it doesn’t look like my Ford factory fitted CD player.

I still have my original metallic blue Sony Walkman cassette player, when they first came out, in a drawer somewhere. That’ll be worth a few bob one day !

An in car vinyl record player

blue estate:

citycat:

blue estate:

An in car vinyl record player

No good for playing LP’s though. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

While I’ve still got one of these in the Jag which I might replace with a radio/DVD player like an Auna MVD 220.So I can record music from the Radio and Youtube channels on the tele with the home DVD recorder and then play it in the car.On that note I think a lot of the other over complicated stuff will eventually just turn out to be a way of extorting loads of money for every record played in a vehicle.

1.bp.blogspot.com/-QGMLFfJgqI4/ … 163549.jpg

These were also an interesting old school option in their day.But should have just left 1st class playing on it instead of all the other crap. :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Evhxf_uaJo