Time for class 1

I’ve had my class 2 for 5 years and now just booked my class 1 at ritchies training in Glasgow.

I have family near cardiff and I currently live in Edinburgh. So I’m flexible with either location to start class 1 through agency or getting perm/temp work at a company.

I’m just curious how the situation is with new class 1 drivers with agency’s like driver hire and ADR network? I’m certainly not wanting to do class 2 now. Problem is i’ve been out of driving for 4 years but i guess who would know? My reason for not driving isn’t to do with health or banned from driving.

At this time of the year, it is your best chance of getting a start regardless of just being a new pass. You have class 2 experience in your favour. Just tell any new potential employer you were embarrassed of your class 2 days, they will understand and yule get a start for the xmas rush.

If you have previous experience repairing and cleaning fridges keep quiet about it, evidently some potential hgv drivers have been turning up for job interviews and offering to service the canteen fridge and then blowing it up. :wink:

Heisenberrg:
If you have previous experience repairing and cleaning fridges keep quiet about it, evidently some potential hgv drivers have been turning up for job interviews and offering to service the canteen fridge and then blowing it up. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for feeding me some hope. I’m currently going over EU rules on driver hours and got my head back in the LGV DSA theory book.

I did have my full ADR certificate but it ran out months ago, it would be good to get a refresher on it to open more doors for employment.

Vernon1987:
I’ve had my class 2 for 5 years and now just booked my class 1 at ritchies training in Glasgow.

I have family near cardiff and I currently live in Edinburgh. So I’m flexible with either location to start class 1 through agency or getting perm/temp work at a company.

I’m just curious how the situation is with new class 1 drivers with agency’s like driver hire and ADR network? I’m certainly not wanting to do class 2 now. Problem is i’ve been out of driving for 4 years but i guess who would know? My reason for not driving isn’t to do with health or banned from driving.

When are you doing it mate? I’ve got my C+E booked with Ritchies end of this month (30th Oct).

Plenty of work in Glasgow, even the snowman can get work

rabb:

Vernon1987:

When are you doing it mate? I’ve got my C+E booked with Ritchies end of this month (30th Oct).

Good luck , I’m doing mine in Portsmouth the same week

Did you particularly want to do agency work? Quite a few firms will consider new passes now. I’d suggest you get your bum in gear though as after Christmas things will slow down dramatically.

simcant:
Plenty of work in Glasgow, even the snowman can get work

Ouch

Vernon1987:

Some agencies want to see evidence of LGV driving in the last 180 days.

I would suggest that your CV will need ’ modifying ’ if you have not been driving wagon’s for the last four years :wink:

blue estate:

rabb:

Vernon1987:

Good luck , I’m doing mine in Portsmouth the same week

Cheers fella. Same to you, best of luck!

rabb:

Vernon1987:

Same date mate!

So Agencys require a track history then? I’ve already signed up for driver hire 5 years ago so they’ll know my time away.

I’ll definitely will be applying for companies next month for CE work once i pass my class 1

UKtramp:
At this time of the year, it is your best chance of getting a start regardless of just being a new pass. You have class 2 experience in your favour. Just tell any new potential employer you were embarrassed of your class 2 days, they will understand and yule get a start for the xmas rush.

I wish the op every success with his c+e training.

But why should he tell potential employers that he’s embarrased about his class 2 days?

I’m class two and mighty dam proud of it and earning some serious cash.

I’m not embarrassed.

Have I missed your point perhaps?

Butcher:

UKtramp:

I wish the op every success with his c+e training.

But why should he tell potential employers that he’s embarrased about his class 2 days?

I’m class two and mighty dam proud of it and earning some serious cash.

I’m not embarrassed.

Have I missed your point perhaps?

As well as missed having a sense of humour too.

What UKT is saying is this; " If you are ever at a MSA toilets and you have a sneaky peek at the other gentleman sausages on view, it will be really easy to spot the rigid driver’s ".

(It will be the smallest :wink: )

eagerbeaver:
What UKT is saying is this; " If you are ever at a MSA toilets and you have a sneaky peek at the other gentleman sausages on view, it will be really easy to spot the rigid driver’s ".

I didn’t like to say :smiley: :smiley:

eagerbeaver:

Yes we’re the ones who aren’t trying to show it off to any poor sod who comes along or has a bright red codpiece with the words I’ve got a big one on it

blue estate:

eagerbeaver:

Yes we’re the ones who aren’t trying to show it off to any poor sod who comes along or has a bright red codpiece with the words I’ve got a big one on it

So why are you doing your Class 1 mate :grimacing: