Go Sick Monday.

If it, and it is an IF this does happen, if you think it’s not safe dont take the truck out, a job is not worth your life. stuff gets there a day late hard luck.

The US National Hurricane Centre (NHC) has in the past few hours released an advisory to UK citizens to be on heightened alert.

Terrifying and almost never before seen forecasting models show the violent superstorm smashing into Britain on Monday.

The nation is warned to brace for toppling trees, travel chaos and the risk of injury from flying debris.

The NOAA this morning said: “Remarkably, the hurricane has continued to strengthen this evening. Satellite images indicate that cloud tops in the eyewall have cooled
in the past several hours, with a warm eye remaining.”

A rare and noxious combination of meteorological factors will ensure the churning cyclone – feared to be the worst for a decade – will not weaken before it hits the UK.

Instead Ophelia is poised to scour huge swathes of the country while remaining as close as is possible to a fully-formed hurricane.

The Nodding Donkey is off on Monday, but thanks anyway.

Exactly 30 years after the great storm of 87. Remember it well, I got a few days off school!!!

metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/warnings/uk

"Yellow warning of windBE AWARE

12:00 on Monday until 23:55 on Monday

A spell of very windy weather is likely on Monday in association with ex-Ophelia. Road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected, with longer journeys times and cancellations possible. Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage. Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs could happen, perhaps leading to injuries and danger to life from flying debris. Coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities may be affected by spray and/or large waves. The warning has been updated to delay the onset time of the strong winds and increase the likelihood of the event occurring.

Chief Forecaster’s assessment

Very strong winds are forecast to affect western parts of the UK during Monday. Southerly winds are most likely to gust between 55 and 65 mph across much of the warning area with the potential for gusts of 80 mph in coastal areas, particularly in Northern Ireland. These strong winds are forecast in association with the northward track of ex-Ophelia across or near to the west of the British Isles. Heavy rain is also possible in association with this system with northwestern UK most prone at this stage."

I was at sea on that night !! Battersea in London :slight_smile: , 5 o’clock in the morn and there was a total blackout and the tide never came in either.

raymundo:
I was at sea on that night !! Battersea in London :slight_smile: , 5 o’clock in the morn and there was a total blackout and the tide never came in either.

Gosh you are so funny,

Blunder Man:
If it, and it is an IF this does happen, if you think it’s not safe dont take the truck out, a job is not worth your life. stuff gets there a day late hard luck.

The US National Hurricane Centre (NHC) has in the past few hours released an advisory to UK citizens to be on heightened alert.

Terrifying and almost never before seen forecasting models show the violent superstorm smashing into Britain on Monday.

The nation is warned to brace for toppling trees, travel chaos and the risk of injury from flying debris.

The NOAA this morning said: “Remarkably, the hurricane has continued to strengthen this evening. Satellite images indicate that cloud tops in the eyewall have cooled
in the past several hours, with a warm eye remaining.”

A rare and noxious combination of meteorological factors will ensure the churning cyclone – feared to be the worst for a decade – will not weaken before it hits the UK.

Instead Ophelia is poised to scour huge swathes of the country while remaining as close as is possible to a fully-formed hurricane.

Gotta be from the daily express, what ever they say about the weather expect the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

UKtramp:

raymundo:

Gosh you are so funny,

Your time of the month?

Going through the change I think.

UKtramp:

raymundo:

Gosh you are so funny,

Hahaha that’s bloody rich especially coming from you …

raymundo:

IIRC 1 millibar changes sea height by 1cm? Not taking into account wind of course.
Living in a flood risk zone, it’s worthwhile keeping an eye on tides and weather. Winter 2013, the Humber overtopped our defences due to a combination of spring tides and a deep low moving across the north sea.

Edit, is air pressure measured in “Pascals” now?

raymundo:

UKtramp:

raymundo:

Gosh you are so funny,

Hahaha that’s bloody rich especially coming from you …

I know, I just can’t help myself. I didn’t really mean it.

Captain Caveman 76:
Edit, is air pressure measured in “Pascals” now?

Haven’t heard that for a while now but yes still used. I hope the wind doesn’t start to blow hard too early on Monday as I have to get this beast back into Troon Harbour early afternoon with a 4 metre stack of timber on deck as she is a ■■■■■ to handle even on a good day … :frowning:

It states…

‘Western parts’ and the map shows Cornwall, a bit of Wales, the west coast of Scotland, Northern Ireland and a fair chunk of ■■■■■■■ in the firing line.

The BBC are forecasting a pleasant sunny day for the UK on Monday.

yourhavingalarf:
It states…

‘Western parts’ and the map shows Cornwall, a bit of Wales, the west coast of Scotland, Northern Ireland and a fair chunk of ■■■■■■■ in the firing line.

In that case I will be doubly cautious on Monday because Michael Fish said the hurricane wont be happening way back in '87 !! :open_mouth:

raymundo:

yourhavingalarf:
It states…

In that case I will be doubly cautious on Monday because Michael Fish said the hurricane wont be happening way back in '87 !! :open_mouth:

Strictly speaking, it didn’t!! :open_mouth:

Captain Caveman 76:

raymundo:

What was it then cos it were blowing like a fb ■■

raymundo:

Captain Caveman 76:

raymundo:

What was it then cos it were blowing like a fb ■■

From memory, when hurricanes pass a certain latitude, they are reclassified as extra tropical cyclones. I think.

I remember the weather forecast clearly though (probably because it’s been shown so many times) “let me reasure you, there’s no hurricane coming”! :laughing:

I have my driving assessment at Stobart on Tuesday so hopefully that will have blown over by then, Goole bridge is horrendous in the wind.

Oh good. I start my cat C practical training on Monday. [emoji23] [emoji33]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk