Car Insurance Question

Hi all.Now my car Insurance is due in a few weeks and was so wondering if anyone had a experience with companies that do discounts to hgv drivers so its cheaper than normal.Are there such companies or am I just hoping :slight_smile: Any help much appreciated

Cornmarket have an HGV PSV drivers policy, they say the will beat any other quote. Seem to have done that for me for the last couple of years.

I’d say unlikely, tell and insurance Co your a driver for a living equals added some more money, basically anything you tell them adds money somehow on to your premium.

The only business that actually has a licence for daylight robbery all based on statistics.

Good luck though.

I was with cornmarket last year they gave me a quote that was almost ÂŁ100 quid more than i found online so there not always cheaper.

Colin_scottish:
I was with cornmarket last year they gave me a quote that was almost ÂŁ100 quid more than i found online so there not always cheaper.

Yep I suppose it depends on individual policy, but they’re worth a try, the first year I went with them, I went on a comparison site first and gave them the details and they beat the best quote, last year was cheaper as well.

simcor:
I’d say unlikely, tell and insurance Co your a driver for a living equals added some more money, basically anything you tell them adds money somehow on to your premium.

The only business that actually has a licence for daylight robbery all based on statistics.

Good luck though.

^
This
Being a truck driver will put your premiums up rather than down. Thats at least how it works over here and no doubt the UK too…

While we are still in the EU we can if we want get insurance from any EU member country so if you want you can search foreign companies for cover, and supposedly one hell of a lot cheaper …

raymundo:
While we are still in the EU we can if we want get insurance from any EU member country so if you want you can search foreign companies for cover, and supposedly one hell of a lot cheaper …

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well that may save a few quid,but would it be worth it in the long run? anytime you needed to call them you would be having to speak to someone foreign in a foreign callcentre where they would all be muslims or hindu and possibly even live in pakistan…surely that would be absolutely infuriating with the language barrier and their general inept ability to interact with indiginously uk citizens compared to your major british companies and negate the advantage of saving a few quid ?..hang on a min… :unamused:

dieseldog999:

raymundo:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well that may save a few quid,but would it be worth it in the long run? anytime you needed to call them you would be having to speak to someone foreign in a foreign callcentre where they would all be muslims or hindu and possibly even live in pakistan…surely that would be absolutely infuriating with the language barrier and their general inept ability to interact with indiginously uk citizens compared to your major british companies and negate the advantage of saving a few quid ?..hang on a min… :unamused:

The Cornmarket call centre is in Belfast, talk about a language barrier at times. :laughing:

this works for scotland and belfast…

youtube.com/watch?v=BOUTfUmI8vs

Cheers all for the replys.Will give that company a try as worth a shot…

Batedbear:
Hi all.Now my car Insurance is due in a few weeks and was so wondering if anyone had a experience with companies that do discounts to hgv drivers so its cheaper than normal.Are there such companies or am I just hoping :slight_smile: Any help much appreciated

Put in paperwork you work at warehouseman in Distribution…

Tried that cornhill once, the £1 saving over the quote from my current insurer wasn’t worth the hassle of changing.
Also never been over charged for stating my proffesion on the car or bike.

I was with Cornmarket until 2 years ago,it made little or no difference being a Driver and an IAM member,got a better deal online.

dieseldog999:

A good scene from the good old burnistoun available on netflix and its a good laugh.

AndrewG:

simcor:

Good luck though.

^
This
Being a truck driver will put your premiums up rather than down. Thats at least how it works over here and no doubt the UK too…

This is what I’ve always found with car insurance companies and I’ve never really understood it!

dieseldog999:

Seen it before, but still makes me chuckle, I also know a few good old Norfolk boi’s who’d be stuck in the same lift, but then one or two would get confused in a normal lift. :laughing:

Andrejs:

Batedbear:

Put in paperwork you work at warehouseman in Distribution…

Forgot what name you logged in under huh, very good English. Thank you please.

Best price I found was from Direct line Insurance,that’s out of everyone…Cornmarket/compare sites ect ect.
Beat everyone else by over ÂŁ50

Cornmarket nearly every year will try and get more out of you, last year they price matched a cheaper quote, and again this year i have to do the same thing because they had jacked it up by around ÂŁ80.00 with their fees for this and that as well as the rip off tax, they beat the quite this year by ÂŁ10 but after adding their arrangement fee of ÂŁ11.00 and payment processing fee 3% of the total if you pay by cc (thieving gits) it was ÂŁ8 more expensive than the quite they supposedly matched they even charge you ÂŁ1.00 if you paid using a debit card ffs
So though they will match or beat your cheapest quote they will add Their ÂŁ11.00 arrangement fee and payment charges on top, where the quote included all that