Limited company advice

Does anyone on here run a limited company working for agencies? I’m after some advice if anyone has a bit of spare time…

I’ve moved your topic to the main forum where I believe you will get more views and replies from those in the know. :smiley:

I do

What are your questions?

98986b112f957700c93dee61f11dc9148cbf01a0a6fcc4d79fbd768e2eafd24d.jpg

the nodding donkey:

Leave the lad alone ND. I know him and he isn’t a troll or stupid. He wants advice not this crap.

truckertart:

the nodding donkey:

Leave the lad alone ND. I know him and he isn’t a troll or stupid. He wants advice not this crap.

Fair enough. In that case I give him the only sensible advice he needs.

Contact HMRC. They are the only people who can tell you if your set up, and ‘client base’, will satisfy them. Otherwise it’s a one way ticket to big bills…

Why not work PAYE? The limited company route has always looked like a right load of extra hassle for a couple of quid an hour extra.

Good advice ND

Their web pages are good as well though and more useful if you can’t take in technical explanation that well or you need to keep checking information

the nodding donkey:

truckertart:

the nodding donkey:

Contact HMRC. They are the only people who can tell you if your set up, and ‘client base’, will satisfy them. Otherwise it’s a one way ticket to big bills…

Damo doesn’t help himself, by asking many questions, and then rarely coming back to respond to answers…

rob22888:
Why not work PAYE? The limited company route has always looked like a right load of extra hassle for a couple of quid an hour extra.

Some agencies don’t offer PAYE anymore as it was getting harder for them to make money

Why not go find the agencies that do PAYE and save yourself the hassle?
Since my recent return to limping, every agency I’ve approached has offered me the PAYE option.

The margins are…

Too small now for Ltd to make any real profits.

The VAT man has taken away the zero/flat rate schemes so there’s nothing to be had there any more.

I know of one agency that has now scrapped the brolly scheme rip-off and put their drivers back to PAYE (and there’s only one reason they’d do that).

I dissolved my Ltd company some years ago, one of my friends has wound his company up this year and another will be doing so next April.

If the OP would care to use the search function here, there are pages and pages of material relating to Ltd status.

truckertart:

the nodding donkey:

2318389600_9ae9024650.jpg

eagerbeaver:

truckertart:

the nodding donkey:

EB you really wouldn’t catch me with a handbag mate. [emoji6] And since when did you stick up for the mule ?[emoji1]

I love that silly mule :laughing: He has a disruptive streak which is admirable.

You still hanging around pubs? :wink:

eagerbeaver:
I love that silly mule :laughing: He has a disruptive streak which is admirable.

Oi. I resemble that comment.

eagerbeaver:
I love that silly mule [emoji38] He has a disruptive streak which is admirable.

Only those where you don’t frequent. [emoji4] [emoji4]

truckertart:

eagerbeaver:
I love that silly mule [emoji38] He has a disruptive streak which is admirable.

Only those where you don’t frequent. [emoji4] [emoji4]

file-2.png

the nodding donkey:

truckertart:

the nodding donkey:

Ignore this prick… he’s the biggest troll on the web and knows the sum total of zilch about anything.

IT IS NOT HMRC’s job to advise you, it is their job to collect taxes - they will always try to collect as much as they can… asking them for advice is like contacting Dracula for advice on a blood transfusion.

You should speak to a Chartered Accountant. It is they who are qualified to advise you.

Jingle Jon:

the nodding donkey:

truckertart:

the nodding donkey:

Ignore this prick… he’s the biggest troll on the web and knows the sum total of zilch about anything.

IT IS NOT HMRC’s job to advise you, it is their job to collect taxes - they will always try to collect as much as they can… asking them for advice is like contacting Dracula for advice on a blood transfusion.

You should speak to a Chartered Accountant. It is they who are qualified to advise you.

images-3.jpg