Highland lunatic drivers!

So as it stands I’m Inverness way
I just wanted to know why some many tanker drivers up here have such an aggressive driving style, 50mph zone truck sat up my arse
I was over taken on a small road on a bend of all places by a tanker ! I was doing 45ish mph so it’s not like I was driving slow,
I honestly wish I had my camera on now I would of posted and shamed him! Shocking driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will think the tanker drivers are snails when you meet your first loggers !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards. John.
P.S. It’s their back yard try not to get in the way :wink:

zooyork0208:
I just wanted to know why some many tanker drivers up here have such an aggressive driving style, 50mph zone truck sat up my arse
I was over taken on a small road on a bend of all places by a tanker ! I was doing 45ish mph so it’s not like I was driving slow,
I honestly wish I had my camera on now I would of posted and shamed him! Shocking driving

Thats how it works up there flat oot aw day and the A9 flat oot aswell dont cry yet just wait till you meet a logger in a rush. :sunglasses:

Yep and enjoy the Welsh logging lads too when they come past you like you’re parked up :smiling_imp:

Colin_scottish:

zooyork0208:

Thats how it works up there flat oot aw day and the A9 flat oot aswell dont cry yet just wait till you meet a logger in a rush. :sunglasses:

Not really Colin.Only the idiots drive like that.
I drive all over the country and would say everywhere you go you will get the ones who have no respect and are totally selfish.Flat oot gets you there hardly any quicker. Not worth the risk.

Oh and it’s “awe” and I am not from Scotland!

Dr Damon:

Colin_scottish:

zooyork0208:

Not really Colin.Only the idiots drive like that.
I drive all over the country and would say everywhere you go you will get the ones who have no respect and are totally selfish.Flat oot gets you there hardly any quicker. Not worth the risk.

Oh and it’s “awe” and I am not from Scotland!

Thanks for that should visit and spend more time in the highlands then see what the driving is like flat to the mat.Try the whiskey trail and sit at 40-50mph and watch how many will overtake you.

Awe come on Colin.You are surely not a Scotsman spelling whisky the way you do.
Had many a Speyside Malt by the way!

Dr Damon:

You’ll find both spellings in use although without the e is more frequent and you have your aw and awe erse aboot face!

It’s same as most rural areas. When following a truck in West Wales you can instantly tell if he’s local by his speed! Sainsburys drivers who drive up to Dunbia in Llanybydder (I’m from that area) for a backhaul easily take 10/15 minutes longer than I or a local do between Carmarthen and Llanybydder. One they get there if it’s their first time they usually have a good old moan to the shunter about how awful the roads are. You have to keep pushing on, within reason, if you work in that area otherwise it would take a day and a half to do a days work. Personally I love those types of roads, but then it is my back door and I grew up driving them, I can see how it would intimidate you Nancy city boys :wink:

TiredAndEmotional:

Dr Damon:

You’ll find both spellings in use although without the e is more frequent and you have your aw and awe erse aboot face!

I thought one spelling concerned Irish whiskey and the other Scottish whisky?

switchlogic:

TiredAndEmotional:

Dr Damon:

I thought one spelling concerned Irish whiskey and the other Scottish whisky?

Little bit of a myth. What’s an e between friends anyway? :slight_smile:

Fair enough. So you’re happy for us to go halves on that e? :wink:

switchlogic:
It’s same as most rural areas. When following a truck in West Wales you can instantly tell if he’s local by his speed! Sainsburys drivers who drive up to Dunbia in Llanybydder (I’m from that area) for a backhaul easily take 10/15 minutes longer than I or a local do between Carmarthen and Llanybydder. One they get there if it’s their first time they usually have a good old moan to the shunter about how awful the roads are. You have to keep pushing on, within reason, if you work in that area otherwise it would take a day and a half to do a days work. Personally I love those types of roads, but then it is my back door and I grew up driving them, I can see how it would intimidate you Nancy city boys :wink:

Quite true. And it will be a local who comes round the bend at you on the wrong side of the road with a tad too much speed for either partys’ comfort when he realises that for the first time ever somebody else is using his road!

switchlogic:
Fair enough. So you’re happy for us to go halves on that e? :wink:

You can have it my teeth ain’t up to it!

Another dash cam fanny getting her tampon in a twist and wanting to go telling tales. Crack on or pull over and let them past sweetheart

TiredAndEmotional:

Dr Damon:

Well I take it you are not from Scotland either?

It is spelt “whisky” in Scotland.

Myth my arse.

And I have nothing erse about face fella.

I suppose that’s another ane o yer myths!

Colin_scottish:

zooyork0208:

Even at 100kph the route between Perpignan and Valencia will have you standing still with the reefers flying past, always cxertain areas where there’ll be a free for all… :grimacing:

old 67:
You will think the tanker drivers are snails when you meet your first loggers !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards. John.
P.S. It’s their back yard try not to get in the way :wink:

Hahah ok fair enough I will try stay clear

zooyork0208:

Newsflash, you dawdling clype, 45 is crawling speed.

Get the big shoe into it or get out the way.

A.

Dr Damon:

TiredAndEmotional:

Dr Damon:

Well I take it you are not from Scotland either?

Born and raised laddie!

It is spelt “whisky” in Scotland.

It certainly is in the vast majority of cases, I’ve already said that but there are exceptions even today and the distinction is not hard and fast or ancient in usage.

Myth my arse.

And I have nothing erse about face fella.

You can have a’ in place of all and aw to express disappointment. No need for awe with the e, a completely different word.

I suppose that’s another ane o yer myths!

Ok big yin/wee yin?

:stuck_out_tongue: