Dieseldog999 needs your opinion

hello troops
ive not been in middle england for over a month now.il leave.cambridge at 5pm tonight for a hot date in preston.
whatl be the quickest bet for a heavy pedal session with the roadworks etc??
ludicrous and sensible replies expected and welcome… :slight_smile:

Check traffic if you have such a facility obviously.

If the pretend A14 is bolloxed by accident, then you could nip along A428 towards St Neots and then turn right at the Caxton Gibbet up the real A14 past Papworth to rejoin the A14 at Godmanchester…this is probably not worth the diversion midweek unless there’s a smash on the 14 around Fenstanton or the daily smash up near Camb services but is worth remembering for a Friday especially if you’re coming up the M11.

Then its either A1 M62 or M6 with option of toll road if B’ham is buggered, consult traffic at point of no return going past Huntingdon and make your choice.

Not many options here DD as you’ve got to really go through the ■■■ fest of the A14 at bar hill, but keep to the n/s lane (yep it’s the wrong lane) till the very last minute however a lot are wise to this trick now so you won’t gain much.

By the time your clear of that rush hour will be easing off so just crack on to the M6.
M1/A50 do come into play as an option though.

Carry on up the M6 and baring any road closures youl be fine. Reckon about 4 to 4.5 hours driving from Cambs to Preston.

If you fancy it pop into Crewe and I’ll pm you the number for DildoDeb who for £40 will make your eyes water. Don’t worry she is very clean, mention me and youl get free extras as she is my sister.

Hmm could go A1 and across, if so stop at Colsterworth and I’ll pm you the number for SkatSuzie, she is a bit of an acquired taste though.

As Juddian says nipping round on the A428 is doable, lots are doing this now though.

thatl do fine…and a special thanks dķ dipper.for once.again wangling.an iteresting repky… :smiley: