PPE

This happened this morning and I’d just like to say to you all

“Always wear you’re safety boots”

Cos you never know when a forklift driver is going to drive behind you as you step back…

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is that broken ?
My Brother had that happen 20 years ago and his best mate was driving the Flt [emoji44]had to have metal work in his ankle and it’s still giving him problems today
Also pushed the toe cap of the boots in to the sole [emoji44][emoji45]

if you’d have had your high vis on he’d have seen you :smiling_imp: :wink:

looks sore that fella, hope you have a speedy recovery

[emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]
No I was very lucky, the boot saved me from a definite broken foot/ankle…

Don’t worry I was clad in my hi viz polo shirt…i must admit tho that I wasn’t wearing my hard hat…[emoji16][emoji16]

That’s it, admitting it’s your fault, no Hard Hat.

Looks nasty, hope you have a speedy recovery.
Maybe there IS a reason for all this health and safety stuff after all.

Did you report it to on-site first-aid book?

Certainly did…spookily they seemed to be well versed in using the accident book…I’m thinking the flt driver attacks drivers on a weekly basis…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Get your claim in for loss of earnings,ask the flt drivers employers if they will compensate you direct before going down the legal route.

Www. Were there’s blame,there’s a claim.

Might have trouble as you didn’t have hard hat n safety glasses on.

xichrisxi:
Get your claim in for loss of earnings,ask the flt drivers employers if they will compensate you direct before going down the legal route.

biggriffin:

It’s this [zb]ing mentality that has us up to our ears in H&S arse covering BS and high Insurance premiums, and I’ll bet you’re the first to complain about over-zealous safety on-site proceedures, get away with yourselves and your claim for everything attitude! :unamused:

Reef:

xichrisxi:

biggriffin:

It’s this [zb]ing mentality that has us up to our ears in H&S arse covering BS and high Insurance premiums, and I’ll bet you’re the first to complain about over-zealous safety on-site proceedures, get away with yourselves and your claim for everything attitude! :unamused:

Hope this is a whoosh.

So we shouldn’t claim for any accidents in the workplace that aren’t our fault just to keep down th3 industry inflated prices for insurance.

You need to stop smoking that baccy…

Reef:

xichrisxi:

biggriffin:

So some dopey flt causes you an injury that will mean your faced with potentially no income for at least a cpl of weeks yet that’s fine because he’ll offer to pay your bills and put food on your table for the time your off right!!!
Of course he won’t,but the company will be insured to use the machinery and that’s so that when dopey flt try’s to relieve drivers of their legs said driver can recover loss of earnings.

truckertang:
Don’t worry I was clad in my hi viz polo shirt…i must admit tho that I wasn’t wearing my hard hat…[emoji16][emoji16]

Tell you what mate, don’t admit to that when you claim…seriously!
I had a forklift on my foot about 10 yrs ago in Glasgow, when I went into their office with the flt driver to report it, I had left my hat in the cab.
The guy asked if I was wearing it in the accident, I said ‘‘ffs mate he drove on my foot not my head’’
Apparentlly if I had not been wearing FULL ppe there could be some kind of loophole.

Truth or bollo…you decide, but don’t take the risk, you know what these h&s clowns are like.

madmackem:
Hope this is a whoosh.

So we shouldn’t claim for any accidents in the workplace that aren’t our fault just to keep down th3 industry inflated prices for insurance.

You need to stop smoking that baccy…

The Whooosh is on you I’m afraid and that may be my fault for not being clear enough in my original post because I didn’t say ANY accidents! Of course there are valid cases and reasons for a claim, loss of earnings being just one of them, but the attitude I’m referring too is that of the average joe tripping on a paving slab and making a claim or a slight work related injury and the classic 2 mph love tap rear ender and oooooh whiplash brigade, the first thing some people think about in these situations is ‘money’ and it has absolutely nothing to do with hardship, it’s 100% about greed and getting something for nowt!

Oh and I don’t smoke not that that will deter you from getting a jibe in eh.

xichrisxi:
So some dopey flt causes you an injury that will mean your faced with potentially no income for at least a cpl of weeks yet that’s fine because he’ll offer to pay your bills and put food on your table for the time your off right!!!
Of course he won’t,but the company will be insured to use the machinery and that’s so that when dopey flt try’s to relieve drivers of their legs said driver can recover loss of earnings.

Please direct me to the information that states the OP will have “no income for at least a cpl of weeks” ? I seemed to have missed it. :confused:

robroy:

truckertang:

Tell you what mate, don’t admit to that when you claim…seriously!
I had a forklift on my foot about 10 yrs ago in Glasgow, when I went into their office with the flt driver to report it, I had left my hat in the cab.
The guy asked if I was wearing it in the accident, I said ‘‘ffs mate he drove on my foot not my head’’
Apparentlly if I had not been wearing FULL ppe there could be some kind of loophole.

Truth or bollo…you decide, but don’t take the risk, you know what these h&s clowns are like.

Theres truth in it Robroy. Guy i knew in the UK a few years back was smashed in the shins with a forklit tyne (spelling??), he was wearing boots and hi viz but no hard hat. The insurance company put up a fight and although the guy did get some recompense it was reduced as the court saw fit to put part of the blame on no hard hat :confused:

Trainers would have seen my foot mashed but its what you get comfortable wearing. H&S over here is pretty lax and our yard would be closed down if subjected to the UK H&S nazis but…theres rarely ever an incident…

xichrisxi:

How do you know it was the FLT drivers fault ?

The OP said “you never know when a forklift driver is going to drive behind you as you step back” but the FLT driver may say “You never know when someone is going to step back when you drive behind them”.
It works both ways for me so do I don’t understand why you think the FLT driver is dopey, of course FLT drivers shouldn’t drive behind people when they’re working but then people shouldn’t be working in the vicinity of fork lift trucks, whichever way you turn it round everyone’s made a mistake not just the FLT driver.

Having said that we wasn’t there so can’t really say what happened, I just don’t get why people automatically assume the lorry driver is without blame :confused:

In reality, without over the top H&S the only thing that will stop accidents like this is for everyone to look out for themselves and everyone else.

not wearing some “PPE” can cost in an accident . I know from an experience at work before I crossed the pond. old boy never had his hard hat and reflective vest on,but had boots,googles gloves on . Accident was putting house windows into a skip after a renovation ,one window shattered and a piece o glass went through his forearm, hospital operation couple o weeks of work . Then Tam expected at least paid for time off work but nope SSP only ,he put a claim in against company for comp . Ended up insurance/lawyer bringing up he wasn’t wearing all his PPE at time o the accident so Tam got nothing. Not forklift accident but shows what happens.

tachograph:

xichrisxi:

How do you know it was the FLT drivers fault ?

The OP said “you never know when a forklift driver is going to drive behind you as you step back” but the FLT driver may say “You never know when someone is going to step back when you drive behind them”.
It works both ways for me so do I don’t understand why you think the FLT driver is dopey, of course FLT drivers shouldn’t drive behind people when they’re working but then people shouldn’t be working in the vicinity of fork lift trucks, whichever way you turn it round everyone’s made a mistake not just the FLT driver.

Having said that we wasn’t there so can’t really say what happened, I just don’t get why people automatically assume the lorry driver is without blame :confused:

In reality, without over the top H&S the only thing that will stop accidents like this is for everyone to look out for themselves and everyone else.

At our place there’s a 2 metre rule. Anyone goes within 2 metres of a working forklift and the driver is obliged to stop. Obviously I don’t know if that is the case here, but if it had happened where I work, the forkie would have been blamed.