Driver medical advice please guys

Hi folks

Can anyone tell if 45 is the age a driver has to have his first medical or is 5 years after 45 which would mean the fist one would be at 50 ?

Cheers

Dave

thecoder:
Hi folks

Can anyone tell if 45 is the age a driver has to have his first medical or is 5 years after 45 which would mean the fist one would be at 50 ?

Cheers

Dave

The start of the medical every 5 years is at 45

If your current expiry date or first medical is at say age 46 then the next medical will be at ages 51 56 61

Cheers guys on the back of my licence it says expiry August 2019. Been wrecking my brain and was doing the maths assuming I’d had a compulsory medical at 45 ? Working maths back it appear I had it in 2009…

Hope that makes sense ?

I guess what asking is If the driver gets to 45…has he got a maximum of 5 years from the age of 45 to have a medical? And at the point (date of the first medical) is it 5 years fromantic that date upto the age of 65,at which point it become every year ?

Anyone ?

thecoder:
I guess what asking is If the driver gets to 45…has he got a maximum of 5 years from the age of 45 to have a medical? And at the point (date of the first medical) is it 5 years fromantic that date upto the age of 65,at which point it become every year ?

The date of expiry next to the LGV C category on the licence is when the medical must be passed by to have an unbroken right to drive LGVs

Thanks ROG