Which tape measure?

I have a real dilemma folks. I really need a premium tape measure so that I can carry out my job effectively.

The last one I had got nicked along with my anti-static hi vis and titanium infused cable ties. Luckily my premium grade sat nav system didn’t get taken (I have a Gary Glitter model, it’s been nicked a few times).

I’ve been told that Wickes do a version that can withstand a rocket attack from North Korea, anyone used this?

You mean one that measures in nano-metres? :wink: :grimacing:

Measuring inches or centimetres brother rodent?

Good point Mule.

Metric or Imperial? See, it’s a very important subject, lives are at stake.

Which makes me ask…is one of those led based ones suitable for measuring ground to top of trailer, and its length also…■■?

I use a simple, cheap and effective method; if we acknowledge that the average toilet roll inner is 5 inches then I merely tape 38.4 of them together which gives me a 16 foot mearsuring device. Work really well in dry conditions when you need to measure a 16 foot load.

the maoster:
I use a simple, cheap and effective method; if we acknowledge that the average toilet roll inner is 5 inches then I merely tape 38.4 of them together which gives me a 16 foot mearsuring device. Work really well in dry conditions when you need to measure a 16 foot load.

eagerbeaver:

the maoster:

images-11.jpg

eagerbeaver:
Good point Mule.

If you buy a high quality marker pen you can convert cm to inches yourself. By measuring bridges with your new tape they will be 2.4 times taller. No more bridge strikes!
Anyway EB is showing up you youngsters- cable ties indeed? String was all we had when I started. None of this new auto fastening stuff. I can even remember how to tie a granny.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

You had string??
Luxury, in my day you had to make do with weaving blades of dry grass together.

But if you try telling the youth of today, they wont believe you.

amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&key … iudo6snw_b

One of these EB, very accurate…

I had long white straggly things coming out of my bottom…they may have been tapeworms rather than tape measures…its hard to tell.

I’ve got a stanley
The retract motion is second to none…in my opinion.

Franglais:

eagerbeaver:
Good point Mule.

If you buy a high quality marker pen you can convert cm to inches yourself. By measuring bridges with your new tape they will be 2.4 times taller. No more bridge strikes!
Anyway EB is showing up you youngsters- cable ties indeed? String was all we had when I started. None of this new auto fastening stuff. I can even remember how to tie a granny.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

If you ever forget, there are whole websites dedicated to it. So I heard in an RDC.

This one?

tape.jpg

Some very helpful replies folks, thankyou.

I had one once that had a small spirit level built-in. I liked it a lot.

2 men Mick and Paddy have the job of measuring a very large large flag pole …Mick looking scratching head and frowning when the boss comes upon the scene and asks what’s the problem ,Paddy says he hasn’t got a ladder long enough to do the job …the boss undos the bolts at the base of the pole and with their help lowers it to the ground …then gets a tape measure and gets the measurement…after the boss goes about his work Mick turns to Paddy and says " hey I thought he wanted the height not the ■■■■■■ length "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:
I have a real dilemma folks. I really need a premium tape measure so that I can carry out my job effectively.

The last one I had got nicked along with my anti-static hi vis and titanium infused cable ties. Luckily my premium grade sat nav system didn’t get taken (I have a Gary Glitter model, it’s been nicked a few times).

I’ve been told that Wickes do a version that can withstand a rocket attack from North Korea, anyone used this?

Just buy plenty of lube and keep it flat to the mat, you will get through most. Its those who hesitate make the news

You dopey munters the lot of you!

Everybody knows ex-spurt truckerists use this method… (34 seconds in)

:unamused:

Reef:
You dopey munters the lot of you!

Everybody knows ex-spurt truckerists use this method… (34 seconds in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodR2X1eL_I

:unamused:

OMFG…

What if the tautliner he compares it to is a double decker who only Gods amongst men can handle.

I reckon there are some kittens in Derbyshire if for some trouble today.