Reason for loving this job

Pat Hasler:
The only really good thing about truck driving most of the time is the places you see. I have woken up and opened my curtains to see…
The ■■■■■■■■■■■■, Death valley, Mexico across the Rio Grande, the Florida Keys from Homestead FL, Snow in Texas the Cascade mountains, a desert road with no sign of life for hours and really hot then snow at 8,000 feet on the same day, roads that are dead straight for hundreds of miles with just the odd diner every 60 or so miles, The Rockies, the great salt lake, Las Vegas, various Indian reservations, virtually the whole east coast, driven the whole length of I-90 from Seattle to Boston, most eastern side cities in Canada and into Nova Scotia, I have not seen Alaska and doubt I ever will now.
In my last job in the UK I woke up next to Loch Ness, Lands End, John O’Groats, St Davids, Holyhead, Londonderry harbor, I have driven across Europe, seen The Sahara desert and Morocco.
I never get tired of seeing new things.

Apart from that truck driving ■■■■■.

What are these prairie states like Pat? You read in Bill Bryson books about these small towns with a mom and pop gas station and maybe a diner, mile after mile of asphalt and endless corn fields etc… is it really like that? How do they treat you as a Brit?

If I won the lottery (better start playing it then) my dream would be to hire a Harley and ride it from shore to shore to shore, stopping in these hick towns for breakfast etc.

You’re sort of already living it :laughing: