Parking in Workington

Afternoon folks , going to be ending up at Workington tomorrow night any advice on places to park would be appreciated , last time I was there was about 25 years ago and I’m sure I parked near the rugby ground ? Memories not what it used to be :open_mouth: many thanks

I park down the side of Morrisons and McDonald’s never had a problem although there are a lot of our traveling friends in Workington

We have a drop on Derwent Howe ind est just off the town centre towards the sea, i park there no problem

Carry on past Tescos on r.hand side, right at roundabout there’s a big lay by set back off the road on your right.
Short walk to town centre and there’s a Wetherspoons up there for a meal.
In fact close to the area you are on about.

ive seen wagons parked up on lowther rd nr travis perkins, quiet enough and a greggs over the roundabout.ca142tq .or even on the estate by greggs buddle rd ca143yd . if you decide to park nr morrisons theres maccy dees or if you prefer ,Caspian steak bar opposite.

robroy:
Carry on past Tescos on r.hand side, right at roundabout there’s a big lay by set back off the road on your right.
Short walk to town centre and there’s a Wetherspoons up there for a meal.
In fact close to the area you are on about.

Yup, but get there early!

There used to be a truck park at Workington up from the football ground since the 60s.
They built a bloody great council office on the site and trucks continued to park behind it, but now there’s a vast expanse of land next to the car park which would be ideal for a truck park after hours…but the bastds have put height barriers up. :smiling_imp:
They could make money on there by putting pay machines on at a fiver a time, but same old same old, we aint wanted,.despite potentially bringing business into the town…Tesco up the road, chippys takeaways and pubs up town centre.

i can see where your coming from rob, but it just goes back to the same old argument . crap left behind . perhaps it would be a better idea putting a man on the gate to point out "theres a toilet over there and bins there ,there and there !! use them or don’t come back . some times we are our own worst enemy. so the majority pay for the sins of the few.

ps largebloke , how did you get on ?

Thanks for the replies , parked behind carpet right and Aldi nice and quiet