Head torch

Need to get a head torch ready for the dark mornings. Got a budget of £30, don’t really understand all these lumens etc
Looking on screwfix the choices seem to be
screwfix.com/p/led-lenser-e … -aaa/5584p

screwfix.com/p/diall-t4-3-l … -aaa/4944k

screwfix.com/p/led-lenser-h … -aaa/8373t

screwfix.com/p/led-lenser-i … -aaa/2452t

screwfix.com/p/elwis-700h1- … -aaa/3748p

screwfix.com/p/diall-t4-4-l … x-aa/6600k

Can anyone make any recommendations based on the above?

Many thanks.

The £1-£2 jobbies from Tesco are effective enough for me

Handy peice of kit these just get one that you think will do the job cheap then upgrade later if needed. No point walking about like a chuffing lighthouse. :wink:

If your job involves wearing ppe a lot then get a decent ■■■■■■■■ that you can attach to your helmet. (That’s what she said).

Curious as to why you need a head torch,have you never had to work in the dark before this year :question: :question:

lolipop:
Curious as to why you need a head torch,have you never had to work in the dark before this year :question: :question:

This!

I tend to use this one during the darker months… the other chaps laugh at me but I think it’s just jealousy…

decathlon.co.uk/onnight-50- … 64416.html

4 quid mate, spot on they are.

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk

this alternative works best for me as one night i was coming back from saudi many years ago,it got so cold i had to set my eyebrows on fire to defrost the ice from my eyelids. much more natural and organically saving the enviroment than using batteries.

organic version.jpg

fire.jpg

lolipop:

I already have a cheapo one from aldi just wanted to upgrade and was looking for advice/recommendations from anyone that may be using any of the above before I jump in feet first and buy one that is no better.

Or just get a fleshlight and you won’t care how dark it is.

Search for petzl head torches. The best I’ve found.

Dipper_Dave:

one of those and streaming xhamster…always makes a night trunk less tedious. safe as houses…theres not much can go wrong on the limiter,on the cruise,and all nice and cosy in the middle of the night. :slight_smile:

Dipper_Dave:

What do you use a FLESHlight for Dave?
Tell you what, on second thoughts I don’t need to know that. :neutral_face:
:laughing:

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

Google it rob you’ll see what he means :wink:

I have 2, one LED Lenser which has an adjustable beam and uses 3xAAA batteries. Extra bright but battery life isn’t great. Other is a Petzl one. Fixed beam but variable brightness and rechargeable via a usb cable. Both around the £40/£50 mark, expensive but vital when inspecting new Landrover and Jaguar before loading in the dark!

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Uncleskid:

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

Google it rob you’ll see what he means :wink:

Ah right. :open_mouth: :smiley:
So even though I was naive enough to think he meant FLASHlight with a spelling mistake, and I though I’d made a joke of it :unamused: …, my other suspicions were actually right. :smiley:
I’ve led a sheltered life. :blush: :laughing:

personally id save the expense and just keep using a party hat and welington boot. :slight_smile:

I find lighting a match very effective especially when checking the fuel tank

I carry timber and some days I wish I did have a match and petrol

Take a look at Alpkit, I’ve got a couple of these and they’re brilliant. Be careful as some are conventional battery and some are usb-rechargeable.
alpkit.com/lighting