Seen Thursday night

Driving along the M4 between J5 and J4B to go to Welwyn and riding furiously along the hard shoulder with tiny lights was a cyclist with a ‘Uber Eats’ rucksack on his back

No idea how he got there but madness…

Wouldn’t be UBER taxis as they have lost their licence, maybe he was going to pick up a fare [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
Wouldn’t be UBER taxis as they have lost their licence, maybe he was going to pick up a fare [emoji14]

Uber have only lost their licence in London and not until next Friday, even then they have started a legal appeal so that could go on for a long time, meanwhile they can still operate.

Pat Hasler:

Wheel Nut:

Uber have only lost their licence in London and not until next Friday, even then they have started a legal appeal so that could go on for a long time, meanwhile they can still operate.

The licence expires next Friday and TFL have refused to renew it. They say 40,000 drivers will be out of work, that’s 38,000 illegal immigrants who there cousin citizen khan has stitched up, Uber may work in America, most British towns don’t have open internet access yet

Quote from Our Forum Member Wheel Nut

The licence expires next Friday and TFL have refused to renew it. They say 40,000 drivers will be out of work, that’s 38,000 illegal immigrants who there cousin citizen khan has stitched up

38,000 illegal immigrants…what a load of crap Wheel Nut…I mean TFL have a rigorous vetting procedure including enhanced DBS checks, proof of good spoken/written English for UBER/Minicab & Black Cab drivers…and by the way these rules are TFL’s before you can even go to UBER to operate. I would not want to insult your intelligent as you are no doubt a non agency Professional driver but why make comments like this…by the way the correct grammar would be “their cousin”

Irony was the decision to cancel UBER was made from the son (London’s Mayor) of an immigrant bus driver…so how did this bus driver come to the England from Pakistan…oh yes the English back in the 60’s just did not want to do the crap night jobs (cotton mills, steel works, bus, etc etc) so sold the idea to the residents of all the poor from the commonwealth (ex empire) countries to come to England…Sadik Khan should know better as the majority of private hire drivers/UBER are not from the indigenous community but no doubt adding value and became the stepping stone for who he is…

“Come and live in squalor in deprived areas and start a family you people from our Commonwealth” …come late 70’s economy fell and they became the enemy with race hate and opportunities down…lucky for them their kids got their head down and contributed so much to our country…doctors, dentists, accountants, teachers, lawyers, business men (think of the next time we fill up at Euro Garages owned by two first generation humble Indian brothers who have now become billionaires, and sure before anyone comments bad apples in each and every part of civilisation…

What unfortunately we are seeing on trucknetuk.com these days are comments like flip flops, EE’s just a little condescending, but remember everyone wants to better themselves and provide the best for their families…shame why we preach about upholding British Culture and most importantly one word Humankind does not get a look in.

boltonboy:

The licence expires next Friday and TFL have refused to renew it. They say 40,000 drivers will be out of work, that’s 38,000 illegal immigrants who there cousin citizen khan has stitched up

38,000 illegal immigrants…what a load of crap Wheel Nut…I mean TFL have a rigorous vetting procedure including enhanced DBS checks, proof of good spoken/written English for UBER/Minicab & Black Cab drivers…and by the way these rules are TFL’s before you can even go to UBER to operate. I would not want to insult your intelligent as you are no doubt a non agency Professional driver but why make comments like this…by the way the correct grammar would be “their cousin”

Irony was the decision to cancel UBER was made from the son (London’s Mayor) of an immigrant bus driver…so how did this bus driver come to the England from Pakistan…oh yes the English back in the 60’s just did not want to do the crap night jobs (cotton mills, steel works, bus, etc etc) so sold the idea to the residents of all the poor from the commonwealth (ex empire) countries to come to England…Sadik Khan should know better as the majority of private hire drivers/UBER are not from the indigenous community but no doubt adding value and became the stepping stone for who he is…

“Come and live in squalor in deprived areas and start a family you people from our Commonwealth” …come late 70’s economy fell and they became the enemy with race hate and opportunities down…lucky for them their kids got their head down and contributed so much to our country…doctors, dentists, accountants, teachers, lawyers, business men (think of the next time we fill up at Euro Garages owned by two first generation humble Indian brothers who have now become billionaires, and sure before anyone comments bad apples in each and every part of civilisation…

What unfortunately we are seeing on trucknetuk.com these days are comments like flip flops, EE’s just a little condescending, but remember everyone wants to better themselves and provide the best for their families…shame why we preach about upholding British Culture and most importantly one word Humankind does not get a look in.

The numbers and the dangerous comments were in the Evening Standard. I was very surprised by the 40k lost jobs

definately well trained.
i got one from liverpool airport. .
take me to knowsley business park…blank look,postcode…take me to knowsley and il show you from there…blank look,postcode…do you know where the M57 is?..blank look,postcode…i googled a postcode from the business park …not a word…into her satnav…she looked like the maid from tom and jerry.the ming from her armpits(i hope) would have choked a maggot,the car just reeked of stale sweat and oxter guff.then the cow tried to bump me for the fare telling me it was 4 quid cash to get in and out of the airport when its 2.cream of the crop from your licensed taxi there.
whats the difference if they cant work anyway…just more benefits all round.
if ony adolf had won…it would definately have been deutschland uber alles but i dont think it would be deutschland uber taxis. :slight_smile:

One of the most common questions that are asked about uber drivers is why my driver never looks like his picture … it’s because it isn’t him they share it to keep the car running 24/7

boltonboy:

Mayor Khan’t More like who has turned London into a cesspool just like the 3rd world cesspools the majority of its illegal inhabitants came from , Acid attacks, rapes of women and children and terror attacks all are part of living in a British city according to this little jumped up pipsqueak who has his security 24/7 and lives in a gated community away from the no-go zones of those he want’s here the man should be strung up for treason
As for Uber drivers most where unchecked, complaints about ■■■■■■ advances never investigated, drivers where exploiting just about every safety rule in the book, several drivers driving under 1 man’s licence, cheating medicals unsafe cars, living in their cars the list goes on Who is he to demand or ban trump?? he allowed the flying of Hezbollah terror flags , but refuses to remove the EU flag he also has liinks to extremists too
then there is this too

https://www.jongaunt.com/articles/uber-lose-their-london-licence

boltonboy:

I believe Sadiq Kahn’s father worked for London Transport or it’s predecessor, he didn’t have to go out and buy a bus and then only get paid when he actually got some passengers, he would have got a proper agreed weekly wage and had job security so he could provide a good life for his family and he could afford to sent his son to university, so his son could have a better life than him, the same goes for many others of those who come here at the same time. Uber drivers have had to fight to establish that they are at least entitled to the Minimum Wage and proper employment rights, hardly a good start to build a new life for you and your family.

If anything it’s Uber (and the other companies who want to drag us all down to “self employed” with no right and no guarantee of employment) who are exploiting those newly arrived in the UK, of course the great, I’m all right Jack, public are complaining about having to pay more for proper taxi drivers who get a proper living wage, but they’d be the first to complain if their jobs when the same way.
What happens when all taxi’s are run like Uber, what happens to the Tomas, the Polish guy that the bloke I work for always uses when he has to get drivers to airports, a bloke who runs a decent car and always turns up clean and tidy and is above all professional, does he have to work to the lowest common denominator and try and make a living with Uber type of work?

I wish I hadn’t posted now.

It was only a comment about a cyclist on the hard shoulder

Oh well, you live and learn

About a month ago on the M8 alongside the showcase cinema (when it was down to one lane) I was heading back to bellshill when I got stuck behind a car that couldnt get past three cyclists who were casually cycling along as if it was perfectly ok

good_friend:

Without wishing to tempt fate, it’s not as bad as it could have been… Carryfast seems to have missed this one. :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:

good_friend:

Without wishing to tempt fate, it’s not as bad as it could have been… Carryfast seems to have missed this one. :wink: :grimacing:

SSShhh !

tommy t:

boltonboy:

Mayor Khan’t More like who has turned London into a cesspool just like the 3rd world cesspools the majority of its illegal inhabitants came from , Acid attacks, rapes of women and children and terror attacks all are part of living in a British city according to this little jumped up pipsqueak who has his security 24/7 and lives in a gated community away from the no-go zones of those he want’s here the man should be strung up for treason
As for Uber drivers most where unchecked, complaints about ■■■■■■ advances never investigated, drivers where exploiting just about every safety rule in the book, several drivers driving under 1 man’s licence, cheating medicals unsafe cars, living in their cars the list goes on Who is he to demand or ban trump?? he allowed the flying of Hezbollah terror flags , but refuses to remove the EU flag he also has liinks to extremists too
then there is this too
David Cameron's chum-ocracy and its links with Uber bosses | Daily Mail Online

https://www.jongaunt.com/articles/uber-lose-their-london-licence

I don’t believe its down to Mayor Sadik Khans hand that is to blame for illegal inhabitants…more so the crappy customs system we have and the inability to weed out people who should not be here quickly…Its a load of cod to blame criminal activity on one section of the community where really a criminal is a criminal whatever colour, creed or immigration status he or she may have.

Here’s a comment below on social media by someone I have come across who is a UBER Driver, previous Private Hire owner with an open letter to the Great Sadik Khan…apparently since his election victory he has never accepted a meeting with UBER that’s over 15 months…

As I said before its a political motivated decision by TFL aka Sadik Khan rather than any interest of the driver…quite rightly UBER is not playing fair with its drivers but does anyone see any politicians fighting their corner??

It was when TATA (Indian Owned) steel was wanting to pull out its investment in the UK…what a stonk that provoked and how the politicians bent over backward…I really smell a stinky fish somewhere.

“Dear Mr Khan, I am astounded to hear that you and Transport for London have announced you do not want Uber to be allowed to operate in London. Along with 40,000 other Londoners, I am a TfL-licensed driver who relies on the app to earn a living. If this decision stands, I would lose my livelihood. Like all other drivers with Uber in London, I am licensed by TfL and have been through the same enhanced DBS background check as a black cab driver. As you may know, Uber’s app also acts to ensure the safety of all drivers and passengers - every trip I make on the app is tracked and recorded by GPS. As our Mayor, I urge you to consider the impact that this decision will have on 40,000 families across London, and allow Uber to continue operating in our city.
I am also astounded to read your comments regarding this, you say its a safety and security issue ?
How?
Please explain who hands out ph licences who checks driver background who does the crb check who does the medical tests ■■ Uber do not have any control over this process.
I also hear you say uber are not playing by the rules ■■ what rules are you on about here, please explain! Ive been in this trade for 25 years Mr Khan and I’ve seen and worked for many operators before uber came along, and boy oh boy are you so out of touch with reality on how the trade was before uber and how operators were breaking rules/laws every day. Ive seen and worked with uber since 2013 and they have revolutionised the way private hire drivers work and they play by the book, no rules are broken as far as I’m concerned. You’ve just made that up trying to please the black cab trade who votes you in. Your time will be up soon you won’t get a second term Mr Khan.
Its never been better in this trade, from a safety point for the driver and customer and down to customer satisfaction. Millions of journeys have been taken via the uber app and you wont find many that were not happy or concerned by the safety and security of there trip.
So by not renewing uber’s licence to operate in London you are endorsing the many hundreds of un licensed drivers and uninsured drivers that used to hang around london’s nightspots and will return to this by touting for business, is this what TFL want to go back to ? I firmly believe this will happen if uber are not granted a license to operate.
This decision by TFL, will have serve impact on drivers lives as many will be out of work, many will end up on the dole and so many may well loose their home. Do TFL really want to be held responsible for this ?
I urge you to reconsider this decision and not to put thousands of drivers out of work.”

dieseldave:

good_friend:

This is one of the funniest things to have come out of your mouth DD since I joined this forum I reckon :laughing: :laughing:

I’m hearing the Thunderbirds music though as he must surely be limbering up with a cup of horlicks at his old desktop computer in his dusty study in deepest Surrey :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

5…4…3…2…1! :frowning:

good_friend:

:smiley: :smiley:

Reminds me of a FB post about Mansfield a few weeks ago, showing a Police Motorbike convoy for the recent bike race there - it took precisely two more posts before it became a slanging match about the miners strike! :smiley: :slight_smile: