W.T.f.

This left our yard this morning,the driver insisted it was ok ■■? I may be wrong, but im of the opinion that was there to be a "incident " the fella that loaded it and let it go out would be culpable too .anyone able to throw some light on it ? .it was 60 bags of cement by the way .

IMG_20170922_103129.jpg

Who needs power assisted steering? Never mind the kin laws, that is dangerous.

my thought too , but the managers view was “if that’s what he wants !”

syramax:
This left our yard this morning,the driver insisted it was ok ■■? I may be wrong, but im of the opinion that was there to be a "incident " the fella that loaded it and let it go out would be culpable too .anyone able to throw some light on it ? .it was 60 bags of cement by the way .

Pick-ups are officially good for a ton, in theory, usually it needs shoving forward a bit but to be honest no pick-ups wear a ton well. Particularly with double-cabs actual load carrying very much seems to be an afterthought with the manufacturers.

Bet the steering was nice and light :smiley: :laughing:

forkie says it couldn’t go any farther forward due to the wheel arches .

That pallet weighs 1.5 ton it’s not restrained and is partially over the tailgate. Hope he gets pulled.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

60 bags by 25kgs I presume?- 1500 kgs.

I wouldn’t have loaded it on him. It would have looked a bit bettter if he’d stripped the pallet down.

Not a single ■■■■■■■■ it either, any of those bags could come flying off possibly injuring a nun on the way to a foundling’s home carrying a basket of kittens.

Stevie Wonder could tell that that is unsafe.Plod would be intrested in where the load came from ,we all have to look after the less fortunate members of society.

Sadly all to often plonkers who think that is acceptable and safe often don’t get pulled over. There is never a police car around when there needs to be usually. That is overweight and badly loaded. If I was the forkie I would either not have put it on like that in the first place or if I didn’t know better would have taken it straight back off and refused to load it on. The customer then would have the choice to load it bag by bag spreading thee load, or go without it. And I would expect the backing of the other staff. They should not allow a vehicle to go out which is clearly badly and or over loaded.

It’s the drivers responsibility, remember we don’t have consiggee liability in Britain. Also the customer is always right,.

Lol is this a wind up?

A sales a sale nowadays, load it up, advise the ■■■■■■■■■■ it’s wrong, not your problem then, job done!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Own Account Driver:
Particularly with double-cabs actual load carrying very much seems to be an afterthought with the manufacturers.

The manufacturers should be held more liable for this sort of muppetry at the type approval stage.In that either the wheelbase has to be increased to match the extra length of the crew cab or it doesn’t get approved.While it’s obvious that the pallet needed to be broken down and hand balled to distribute the load better including on the crew cab floor in this case and the pallet won’t go past the wheel arches anyway.

Look I sent my mate to collect the cement whilst I went to get the bricks.

Bet nobody tailgated him though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

They still do cement in paper bags :open_mouth:

Heisenberrg:

Never mind the bricks - that’s an interesting old bicycle.
Look at the front forks angle and the rod - and - stirrup brakes working on the inside of the rims;-)

axletramp:

Heisenberrg:

Never mind the bricks - that’s an interesting old bicycle.
Look at the front forks angle and the rod - and - stirrup brakes working on the inside of the rims;-)

Front forks were straight when he loaded it !
Youre right though, that bike has probably done more miles than half the trucks were driving today.