Driver shortage?

Passed my medical last week, got my licence returned today exactly one week after posting, that will last me till I’m 75!

You have to renew your photocard driving licence every 10 years - you’ll receive a reminder before your current licence ends.

You will have to take another medical when you get to 45, again when you are 70 and every three years after that.

Your wrong actually.
It’s a medical to get your HGV then again at 45 and then it’s every 5 years until your 65 and then it’s every year from then on.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

lizard:
Your wrong actually.
It’s a medical to get your HGV then again at 45 and then it’s every 5 years until your 65 and then it’s every year from then on.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

If my licence photo renew need do in January 2019 but medical in September 2020.Can i do all in one before January 2019■■?If yes that when my next medical will be -2024 or 2025.

Andrejs:

lizard:
Your wrong actually.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

If my licence photo renew need do in January 2019 but medical in September 2020.Can i do all in one before January 2019■■?If yes that when my next medical will be -2024 or 2025.

The medical for those aged 45+ is valid for 5 years from the DATE OF ISSUE = when DVLA send it to you

Santa:
You have to renew your photocard driving licence every 10 years - you’ll receive a reminder before your current licence ends.

Licence renewal every 5 years nowadays for those with Group 2 entitlement. I think it changed around 2013, so 10-year Group 2 licences will be floating around until 2023, but whenever you renew it will be valid only for periods of 5 years from then on.

bestbooties:
Passed my medical last week, got my licence returned today exactly one week after posting, that will last me till I’m 75!

You are indeed Peter Pan [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Wayfar1974:

bestbooties:

Funny, that’s just what my wife calls me!
But I do feel very lucky to have lasted this long, apart from diet controlled type 2 diabetes, I’m not on any medication at all.
When I reached 70, I thought I’d give everything up apart from driving and ■■■.
As for the driving, I’m going from one medical to the next, when I fail one, that’s it, no more gear jammin’.
Good job there’s no medical required for ■■■ though!

bestbooties:

Wayfar1974:

bestbooties:

Funny, that’s just what my wife calls me!

I know, you told me!![emoji23][emoji23]

bestbooties:

Well done!! But I sincerely hope that you’re not going to be trucking up and down at your age?
Pete

lizard:
Your wrong actually.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Correct, I’ve had a yearly medical for the last nine years.

petecud:

bestbooties:

Well done!! But I sincerely hope that you’re not going to be trucking up and down at your age?
Pete

That’s why I headed this thread “Driver shortage”.
There shouldn’t be a driver shortage, I’m still here!
Have been doing two night trunks a week on FedEx for the past 14 years, as long as I keep passing medicals I suppose I’ll keep on trucking.
When I went for my medical, I thought I was doing well for my age, but there was a bloke in front of me that was 79!
I don’t know if he passed 'cause he jumped straight in his car and was off, never gave us others any idea.