Weekend parking in Portsmouth

hello i need to weekend in Portsmouth is there any truckstops open or do i need to live with the Europeans on the services cheers in advance

PO1 4QP Flathouse road Portsmouth, there are some truck parking bays outside Morrisons, your’e handy for the town centre and toilets are available at Morrisons.
Park there regularly.

Have you heard about the fine they can give you for sleeping in a truck for your weekly rest now? £300 if your caught doing so. Are your company going to pay the fine if you got caught?

logisticsmanager.com

simcor:
Have you heard about the fine they can give you for sleeping in a truck for your weekly rest now? £300 if your caught doing so. Are your company going to pay the fine if you got caught?

logisticsmanager.com

under regulations that are being laid before parliament today (14th September).

These regulations are yet to become law.

When the rules will change
The exact date the rules will change be confirmed nearer the time.

The change will be well-publicised so drivers and vehicle operators are fully aware of the penalties.

gov.uk/government/news/driv … al-drivers

Fur enough didn’t see that bit. But still prudent to bring it to people attention for the future especially if they happen to have to take their weekly rest whilst away from home.

Try Havant not bad have showers cafe open in morning supermarket round corner town up road you catch train into Portsmouth aswell security all the time

simcor:

logisticsmanager.com

In England will be legally live in truck after November 2017 as well.They make just restriction to sleep in cab in small lay by.But rulles not show nothing who will not legally sleep at services or in industrial estate.gov.uk/government/news/driv … al-drivers
From 1 November 2017, DVSA will start to fine drivers up to £300 if they spend their full weekly rest break in their vehicle in places where it causes a problem. For example, if a lorry driver spends their full break in the cab of their lorry in a layby.

thats ok, have a 24 …move on then have another 24…fine in the uk…but in countries who have a sunday driving ban…you take a 24 because its the law…then have another 24, because its their fault you cant drive.dont know what the police would say…i assume…still give you a fine, but legally its the only way to take a weekly rest in the cab.
Me personally is bombarding the eu transport minister to ask him the reason for this ■■■■■■■■ law.

truckyboy:
thats ok, have a 24 …move on then have another 24…fine in the uk…but in countries who have a sunday driving ban…you take a 24 because its the law…then have another 24, because its their fault you cant drive.dont know what the police would say…i assume…still give you a fine, but legally its the only way to take a weekly rest in the cab.
Me personally is bombarding the eu transport minister to ask him the reason for this [zb] law.

You know exactly why they are doing this, and in my opinion it doesn’t go far enough. Problem is it is bolting the door after the horse has bolted.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
…there are some truck parking bays outside Morrisons, your’e handy for the town centre and toilets are available at Morrisons.
Park there regularly.

Living the dream!! :unamused:

Andrejs:

simcor:

logisticsmanager.com

In England will be legally live in truck after November 2017 as well.They make just restriction to sleep in cab in small lay by.But rulles not show nothing who will not legally sleep at services or in industrial estate.gov.uk/government/news/driv … al-drivers
From 1 November 2017, DVSA will start to fine drivers up to £300 if they spend their full weekly rest break in their vehicle in places where it causes a problem. For example, if a lorry driver spends their full break in the cab of their lorry in a layby.

The way it needs to be worded for the whole of Europe is simple’s.

If a driver is taking a weekly rest period in his/company vehicle, which has a bunk fitted, then they must have access to 24hr facilities for bathing(showers) and toilet facilities, eg msa, rouiters, autohiff, or truck stop.

Glenntran:
hello i need to weekend in Portsmouth is there any truckstops open or do i need to live with the Europeans on the services cheers in advance

There are two proper truckstops in the area – one at Farlington (which is a bit of a dump but has facilities including a restaurant famed for its big ‘7.5T’, ‘class 2’ and ‘class 1’ breakfasts) and one at Havant, both off the A27, and then there are two filling stations (one Shell and one BP) either side of the A27 east of Havant, so if you’re not coming from Chichester way you’ll have to go down there and back, but they both have truck parking bays (the Shell one has more, IIRC) and loos.

Further up the A3 there’s Liphook (a few truck bays at a Shell garage with a Starbuck’s and a Travelodge either side of the A3). The proper services are some distance away (Rownhams, Winchester and Sutton Scotney).