A1 North closed Boroughbridge

1(M) northbound closed due to serious collision

The A1(M) northbound is currently closed between junction 48 (Boroughbridge) and junction 49 (Dishforth) due to a serious collision.

Police were called to reports of a collision involving two HGVs at about 5am this morning.

Emergency services are working at the scene. The road is expected to remain closed for some time.

Sat in the tailback now Jon,engine off,night heater on,glad i made a few butties up when i parked up last night.

A lot of people don’t seem to realise that the old A1 still runs beside the new one now from Wetherby to Dishforth.

I often run along that when there’s problems and usually wave to the sat nav generation stuck on it.

the maoster:
A lot of people don’t seem to realise that the old A1 still runs beside the new one now from Wetherby to Dishforth.

I often run along that when there’s problems and usually wave to the sat nav generation stuck on it.

Now the A168, and is currently chocka… same s*** different day etc.

Sounds bad

Spoke to a mare stuck in the jam for five hours and it sounds like a fatality…

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jingle Jon:

the maoster:

Now the A168, and is currently chocka… same s*** different day etc.

Fair enough Jon, it doesn’t take a lot to screw the alternative up tbh. Half the problem is unfamiliar drivers and a few roundabouts thrown in for good measure.

I have just been sat in it for 5 hours. It would appear its a fatality. Fire bobbies been in to Morrisons to fuel up and said it is horrific. Guy was as white as a sheet.

A G4S van ran into back of trailer the front of G4S is totally smashed white tent up

ROAD CLOSURE Please note that due to a serious Road Traffic Collision the A1(M) is currently closed northbound between junction 48 at Boroughbridge & junction 49 at Dishforth. Traffic is very heavy in the area so please avoid & seek an alternative route. Diversion is via the A168. Please share with your family & friends.
UPDATE at 0825 The A1(M) remains closed and will do for several hours, however we hope to open one lane soon to assist in releasing the tailbacks
**UPDATE at 1100 Confirming the A1(M) North at Boroughbridge remains closed due to serious RTC and will not open until this afternoon. Please follow North Yorkshire Police for further updates. All traffic is coming off at junction 48 and the diversion is via the A168

From what I have seen this is a fatality

Hate to say it in the circumstances but ive seen a g4s motor flying along the rd there a few mornings recently not limited and lets just say always in a rush.
I got lucky off at 48 back on at 49 at about 6am

I hate to say this also but the truck G4S ran into was a Fedex double-decker. They are not having a good run.

Beau Nydel:
I hate to say this also but the truck G4S ran into was a Fedex double-decker. They are not having a good run.

Plenty of room inside then

the maoster:

Thats what I did this morning. Got on it at Wetherby and sailed straight past.

Ken.

No news about the cause or outcome but seems like someone got killed.

sck04560:
No news about the cause or outcome but seems like someone got killed.

The cause a G4S van ran into back of Fed erratic why don’t know

gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess … h-13680986

I still cant understand where the force of the impact came from, was the fedex stood still at the time as i find it hard to believe that amount of damage could have happened if they were both travelling in the same direction