Night out payments

Evening all
Just wondering what the average night out payment is across the industry? I don’t do very many nights out at all which suits me. Our company pays £20 a night which doesn’t cover the cost of parking anywhere! Usually end up in the quietest lay by I can find. I’ll be dammed if I am going to top it up just to keep their load secure.

Hang on there mate, are you saying that out of that £20 (which is derisory btw) they expect you to pay for any parking that hey then do not refund? Most people get £x and then put parking receipts in weekly/monthly and have the money reimbursed. Of course there are companies around who do not pay for parking. Simple solution is don’t park anywhere where you have to pay and let the Co sort out the resulting fuel or load thefts.

Night out money isn’t supposed to be for parking, you should be getting night out money plus whatever you pay for parking.

£20 is at the lower end.

The fee to park is part of the company’s operating costs, it is not your responsibility, yes you will have to pay up front to physically park but that money should be refunded by your company.

I expect you will have several posters here advising you find another job soon as poss.

We get £30. But we don’t do nights out as a rule only if the situation arises ie break down, accident,weather.

Most probably a wind up .

As has been said.Your night out money is’nt there to park their truck up.I get £21 night out.And all parking reimbursed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We get £24 night out money, plus reimbursed the cost of parking on production of the receipt.

Have only had to “day out” a couple of times, after reaching an unscheduled 15 hours following a breakdown/long traffic delays.

£23 for night out. On Snap account for parking, but if we have to pay where it isn’t on Snap, we keep receipts, hand them in and get reimbursed…

We get £30 night out money plus we’re reimbursed any parking charges if we choose to park where we have to pay.

My mob pay £25 per night out, they wouldn’t pay for parking until around 4 months ago (I’ve been there just over 4 years) when my box body trailer was broken in to when parked at the bp garage on the m1 @ j22 ashby one night.
Places like that and quiet industrial estate where my places of choice to park,
We’ve now got a snap account and use that.

I agree with others who have said night out payment shouldn’t be used to pay for parking, that is just extracting the urine.

karl67:
We get £30. But we don’t do nights out as a rule only if the situation arises ie break down, accident,weather.

Same as us but we get £35 and all parking paid plus you go home when you run in .

£20 night out and up to £25 parking. Not spectacular but more than I expected for my first job

£26.20,plus payments for safe parking are reimbursed.we are expected to park somewhere designated as ‘safe’,and told not to park-up in certain ‘hot-spots’.

£27.00. All parking and other expenses reimbursed in full, no deducting food vouchers.

Can help with extras :grimacing:

tachograph:
Night out money isn’t supposed to be for parking, you should be getting night out money plus whatever you pay for parking.

night out money is for any expences a driver encounters while away, ie parking, food, ■■■■■■■■ etc

burnley-si:

tachograph:

night out money is for any expences a driver encounters while away, ie parking, food, ■■■■■■■■ etc

I think you’ll find most companies don’t expect the driver to pay for parking out of their night out money.

£25 tax free in the wages.

Snap account for parking - but they’ll only reimburse the cost of parking not at a Snap park if you ring in first and get it ok’d.

Pretty fair I suppose.

The annoying thing is it’s the 3 or 4 nights out that make the wages up to a decent amount - which it shouldn’t have to.

Hey ho.

I had to look again to see who did the posting. :laughing:
RHA agreed rate with HMRC is £26.40 upto £34.90 for being away from home and does NOT include money for parking
Put lgv night out subsistence in any search engine and all the info can be found