Stobart Fan Club.....most bizarre requests?!

Was talking to a visiting Stobarts driver whilst he was getting tipped at our depot. I was asking him about the Stobarts fan club.

He said that Stobarts made over £12 million in sales of souvenirs and gifts, online and from their fan club shops last year!

He also told me that Eddie’s drivers are under company instructions to always be friendly and polite to fan club members, and to always
agree to reasonable requests…such as having pictures taken whilst stood next to their truck, signing pictures of trucks etc. He said
that he knew of one driver who was sacked last year for swearing and being abusive to several ES “spotters” when he was asked to have his
photo taken!

Apparently the ES drivers that appear in the TV programme…are frequently asked for autographs by their adoring fans!

He laughed as he recalled being asked a few months ago by a Stobart superfan to sing “happy birthday” to the superfan’s young child on facetime,
…on the fan’s mobile phone …whilst standing in front of his truck!!

Are there any current, or former Stobart’s drivers on here, who have had more bizarre requests than that… from the Stobart fanboys and fangirls??

Lancsdriver70:
Was talking to a visiting Stobarts driver whilst he was getting tipped at our depot. I was asking him about the Stobarts fan club.

He said that Stobarts made over £12 million in sales of souvenirs and gifts, online and from their fan club shops last year!

He also told me that Eddie’s drivers are under company instructions to always be friendly and polite to fan club members, and to always
agree to reasonable requests…such as having pictures taken whilst stood next to their truck, signing pictures of trucks etc. He said
that he knew of one driver who was sacked last year for swearing and being abusive to several ES “spotters” when he was asked to have his
photo taken!

Apparently the ES drivers that appear in the TV programme…are frequently asked for autographs by their adoring fans!

He laughed as he recalled being asked a few months ago by a Stobart superfan to sing “happy birthday” to the superfan’s young child on facetime,
…on the fan’s mobile phone …whilst standing in front of his truck!!

Are there any current, or former Stobart’s drivers on here, who have had more bizarre requests than that… from the Stobart fanboys and fangirls??

Well I was once asked to do a lap dance and I didn’t work for Stobarts, it was a Stobart driver that had requested me to do one for him. I politely refused as I knew there would be no tip.

Photos? Phone calls? Only the tip?
Jimmie Swaggert involved anywhere by any chance?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Now does any of that count as “other work” if on break?

Why do lorry spotters on motorway bridges look like they live with their mum and they are 50 years old ?
Dress like a ■■■■■, have crooked teeth, bad hair and all weather coat from a charity shop.
My Mrs has an ESL G string and frilly knickers .

The-Snowman:
Now does any of that count as “other work” if on break?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m a pretty amiable sort of chap but even that would push me over the line. I’d get sacked for politely suggesting they should go seek a life [emoji1]

I’m on the spotters forum myself pushing the ultimate “spotter moment” of partaking in coitus with a random Stobart driver and how this act will raise the spotter to legend status and they will receive a free mug and day out in a truck aka ‘Stobart Trip Day’.

Quite some interest in my STD idea, mostly from the fellas though.

I was delivering to a place the other week and i met Mark Dixon and we sat chatting for a couple of hours ( great bloke BTW ) and he still gets a lot of fan requests :smiley:

way back in 08 when Stobart bought the company i was working for over, we ended up driving Stobart Units and we were told if anyone waves at you, you had to wave back and smile :open_mouth: …but they never told us how many fingers we could wave back with :laughing:

When I worked on light vehicle recovery I remember picking up a very pee’d off family who’d sat roadside for 3hrs in the rain thx to the AA. I remember his dad whispering in my ear & I remember the young lads beaming face when I asked him to sit shotgun & help me drive the truck. He was about 6yrs old & I remember how that experience would have made my year when I was 6yrs old.

I’m no expert, there’s summat not quite right in th’ead with these Stobbie spotters, but I could never think to drown their enthusiasm with my ignorance.

Dork Lard:
When I worked on light vehicle recovery I remember picking up a very pee’d off family who’d sat roadside for 3hrs in the rain thx to the AA. I remember his dad whispering in my ear & I remember the young lads beaming face when I asked him to sit shotgun & help me drive the truck. He was about 6yrs old & I remember how that experience would have made my year when I was 6yrs old.

I’m no expert, there’s summat not quite right in th’ead with these Stobbie spotters, but I could never think to drown their enthusiasm with my ignorance.

Well said. You might not want to be stuck in a lift with a Stobbie Spotter, but they’re harmless enough after all.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Ave yet to see a comely wench as a spotter.

I’m surprised that Stobart spotters stand on top of bridges, surely that’s the most dangerous place to be?

eagerbeaver:
I’m surprised that Stobart spotters stand on top of bridges, surely that’s the most dangerous place to be?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dave docwra:

eagerbeaver:

Yeah but just think of how much he/she could dine out on the “I was on a bridge that was hit by a Stobart’s wagon and it nearly killed me”. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DadsRetired:

dave docwra:

eagerbeaver:

Yeah but just think of how much he/she could dine out on the “I was on a bridge that was hit by a Stobart’s wagon and it nearly killed me”. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bet theyd also request a picture taken with the driver (term used loosely)

When I was a lad we used to make the ‘W’ sign to Walls’ drivers. They were obviously supposed to make it back, because they always did, elbows for steering. :open_mouth:

I think they called it the ‘lucky Walls sign’. Not lucky for everyone I would have thought. :unamused:

Not a chance they made 12m in souvenir sales.
Absolute ■■■■■■■■ that.Straightaway.