Beatock Cafe A74

dieseldog999:

robroy:
There was also the Kirtle Cafe at Kirtlebridge n/b…anybody?

always an entertaining few minutes wondering if you were going to coup the lot over the side as the trailer wheels disappeared into another puddle…but worth it when you got your sausage egg and chips on an oval plate the size of a bin lid…i got caught just before there by the dark blue sd1 rover,cant remember what year though there was some big union strike on at the time and our mob were flat lit even worse than normal…the gits followed me from gretna before they stopped me…they showed me i was doing 84 average over a cpl miles and it took them so long to stop me as they didnt want me to see them.they put on the big white hats as they were alongside smiling out the window at me…a bit of haggling (grovelling ) and it was reduced to 78 which meant not getting an instant ban as it obviously was on the pre m/way 74…quite nice of them really??..and i got the biggest portion in world history when i got to kirtle as the wifey had a soft spot for me being so young and handsome at the time… :smiley:

Hard to believe today that the limit was 40mph then on dual carriageways, the 74 used to be red hot for ‘‘Bears in the bushes’’ as we called them then on the CB :smiley: at that time, (Traffic Police parked where you couldn’t see them) waiting to pounce.

I remember seeing one one day and while I was flashing other trucks and giving the thumbs down sign, I didn’t notice that he was sat down alongside me judging my speed. :smiley:
When I think back it was actually Coatesgate where he pulled me.