Simple question.....

So, simple question:

You are booked in for a drop at a RDC.

You duly arrive at the booked time, check in etc. etc. etc.

While waiting at the gate you notice another lorry pull up behind you.

The power merchant in the booth tells you to park in (the only free) bay number what-ever.

Pull away from the booth, swing around and reverse onto the bay.

You’ve just put on the handbrake when the driver of the lorry that was behind at the booth screeches to a halt and the driver leaps out of his cab, runs across and you knocks on your door:- he’s in a real hurry – been given run around by MT – can he have your slot, blah, blah, blah.

When you, politely, point out that this is your slot, and he’s not the only driver who has a schedule to stick to, he starts screaming abuse, calling you all the names under the sun and coming up with all sorts of things he’s going to do to you when you get out of the cab.

So… what would you do now?

:question: :question:

Are you paid by the hour?

Blow him a kiss every time he looks at you.
He probably pulls the same trick everywhere he goes just so he can get tipped before anyone that’s in front of him.

Laugh at him.
Get out of my cab to hand in my paperwork.
Let him throw the first punch/kick whatever
End his ability to shout/walk/throw punches in the future.

Hand in paperwork
Go about my day as normal.

Win-Stone:
When you, politely, point out that this is your slot, and he’s not the only driver who has a schedule to stick to, he starts screaming abuse, calling you all the names under the sun and coming up with all sorts of things he’s going to do to you when you get out of the cab.

I can’t stand people like that so I would probably get out of the cab, I wouldn’t start anything but I doubt that I could resist testing him by getting out of the cab.

Win-Stone:
he starts screaming abuse, calling you all the names under the sun and coming up with all sorts of things he’s going to do to you when you get out of the cab.

Simple… Get out of the cab.

Depends. If I recon I have an even chance, I’ll get out and invite him to have an attempt at a first swing. If he’s bigger than me, I’ll stay in the cab and call security…

Get out and ask him to try it. People like that tend to backpeddle rather quickly as soon as they meet someone who won’t take their attempts at bullying.

It wasn’t a Langdons driver was it? I’ve had a pretty similar experience with one of them.

A.

Adonis.:
Get out and ask him to try it. People like that tend to backpeddle rather quickly as soon as they meet someone who won’t take their attempts at bullying.

Exactly, life has taught me that the loudest shouters are more often than not ‘all gob and no go’, grow a pair and get out of the cab, and just say “sorry mate couldn’t hear you properly from the cab, say that again?” I’ll almost guarantee he’ll splutter and mutter some curses as he walks away.

classic limpers behaviour that! id of drawn him a picture of a flower and written “sorry I couldn’t help you out but accept this picture of a flower instead”

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got some lip from a big old lump at Royal Mail about 3 years ago that flicked my switch. I went into the mail centre after him and before I’d reached him he’d changed his mind and was my bestie! My face looks rather strange in those circumstances apparently…! :grimacing:

Win-Stone:

Lock the doors, pull the curtains and call my Mum, :laughing:

If anyone ever says something like that, climb out of your cab, smile and then completely ignore them.
Winds them right up.

Simple question simple answer…
Let him have your slot …then phone the police and say you saw some illegal immigrants climb out of his truck…get the ensuing action on your dash cam.
Wash and rinse.

Get out of the cab and maybe get some free exercise ?

I wouldn’t have done anything. Just get out of the cab as normal and go about your business as though he isn’t there.

Get out the cab,ask him what he said then tell him “Sorry didn’t hear you,if you pull forward get ready to reverse in I will move for you”.
Get back in the cab start up wait till he pulls forward then get out the cab lock walk off to the office leaving him like a lemon stuck across the yard lol.

Win-Stone:
You’ve just put on the handbrake when the driver of the lorry that was behind at the booth screeches to a halt and the driver leaps out of his cab, runs across and you knocks on your door:- he’s in a real hurry – been given run around by MT – can he have your slot, blah, blah, blah.

If the site operates first-come-first-serve, then I might well have given him the bay if his explanation sounded reasonable enough.

Anyway, it sounds odd that someone will verbally abuse you just for listening to their situation and having to explain that you’re under the same time pressure that they are. But if it happened, for no obvious reason, then I’d be inclined to just turn the other cheek and assume he’s having a bad day.

Win-Stone:
So, simple question:

You are booked in for a drop at a RDC.

You duly arrive at the booked time, check in etc. etc. etc.

While waiting at the gate you notice another lorry pull up behind you.

The power merchant in the booth tells you to park in (the only free) bay number what-ever.

Pull away from the booth, swing around and reverse onto the bay.

Suggest he goes on an anger management course. You could also ask him if he is a fridge engineer I hear they can lose their cool sometimes [emoji1]

Personally I’d have said that’s not a decision I can make and its up to customer and company I’m working for. I’d then proceed by pretending to call them followed by ‘sorry mate, nothing I can do’ :wink: