Steering wheel polish

Why do you numptys do it, as well as the grab handles to get into the lorry? Ive been cab hopping a bit lately (not agency, just mot time for most of our units) and there’s several guys who love a nice shiny wheel, it just means I’m going to spread a thin layer of jam from my sandwiches on it so the wheel doesn’t slip through my hands, or i lose grip climbing into the cab.

I get there are saddo’s who like to Polish the dash and trim inside, but surfaces you need grip on just seems moronic.

We’ve banned cab internal cab polishing, all it does is cover over the dirt. Nothing wrong with soap and water.

Slippery steering wheels are dangerous as with grab rails. If drivers wish to polish outside that’s fine.

I have never heard anything so ridiculous as polishing a steering wheel and grab rails. I bet he doesn’t doesn’t polish his boots but chooses to polish the two things that you definitely wouldn’t want to polish.

Not being manky is now sad and having a clean truck is now banned, never heard so much pish :laughing:

Absolute chuggers :laughing:

A.

UKtramp:
I have never heard anything so ridiculous as polishing a steering wheel and grab rails. I bet he doesn’t doesn’t polish his boots but chooses to polish the two things that you definitely wouldn’t want to polish.

silicone spray that shines the plastics is not cleaning anything. Waste of money IMO,

nurglets:
Why do you numptys do it, as well as the grab handles to get into the lorry? Ive been cab hopping a bit lately (not agency, just mot time for most of our units) and there’s several guys who love a nice shiny wheel, it just means I’m going to spread a thin layer of jam from my sandwiches on it so the wheel doesn’t slip through my hands, or i lose grip climbing into the cab.

I get there are saddo’s who like to Polish the dash and trim inside, but surfaces you need grip on just seems moronic.

It is bloody stupid polishing things like grab handles and your steering wheel I agree, but to call drivers ‘saddos’ because they like to keep someting they call ‘home’ for x no. of days looking as presentable as possible, is a bit harsh mate. Does your Mrs polish your home?
Do you call her a saddo? :smiley:
No didn’t think so.
I clean my cab every week, airline the dust out, damp cloth, dry out, then polish, I just don’t like living in a dirty untidy ■■■■ hole.

As for the tank polishers being saddos?..I’m with you all the way. . :laughing:

I used to keep mine clean with my trusty baby wipes. Whenever I used them on my hands, I would wipe round the steering wheel and the nearby plastic too. I was amazing how dirty they get.

I wipe everything that is to be touched with baby wipes. The wheel, indicator, lights, door handle, etc that’s been handled by the previous users.

I had a truck yesterday that the previous driver had smoked in (despite policy) and at 3am being a non smoker it was bike and like being in an ashtray. Worse was I got stuck out and had to sleep in the bloody thing. Shame so many people don’t care about cab cleanliness.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

living in a cab all week or more i have always kept it clean, and i use polish as well…and i smoke in it too…its unfortunate if someone else wants to drive it, but i open a window, and use a spray but for my own pleisure as its not often someone else uses it. The sad thing is, smokers cannot smell it, in the cab or on themselves, but when i tried to pack it up, i did begin to smell it on others, or in other cabs, and got to tatse my food better, so good luck to anyone who tries to stop, i tried 3 times and have now reduced my intake…thought about an e cig , i actually have one brand new, in a box and two spare boxes of the ■■■■ to smoke, but really prefer the intake of real tobacco and real smoke instead of some vapour, that hasnt yet been proved to be safe…think the chargers are more dangerous…but thats another issue.

The lot that used to come in and clean our rigids used to open the cab door, chuck a tin of this in after puncturing a hole in it and run…couldn’t grab/hold/sit/touch anything…even the bloody peddles were covered!

Liquid soap and water on the floor and plastic door panels. Spray a little Mr Sheen on a clean cloth to wipe the dust off the dashboard.
Clean but no need for glossy.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I never polish anything in the cab and silicone is a definite no no, it ruins the original finish of surfaces and causes glare if used on the dash . The dusting brush tool on the Dyson is all i ever used, it cleans all the nooks and crannies. air vents/ switchgear ect. Used every day with the occasional wipe over certain surfaces with a damp cloth will keep the cab as new. Theres nothing worse than seeing a dirty cab sprayed over with silicone… :unamused:

My mate uses that Chrome Pink stuff. Swears by it.

Hard brush for getting the dirt and dust off the floor, soft brush for the dash etc…a bottle of dettol spray from poundland and a rag to clean the floor and dash… simple

Demon Shine car polish is brilliant for the insides. Leaves a matt finish for some reason, wouldnt use itnon sterlering wheel. Antibacterial wipes and baby wipes only on the wheel.

truckyboy:
living in a cab all week or more i have always kept it clean, and i use polish as well…and i smoke in it too…its unfortunate if someone else wants to drive it, but i open a window, and use a spray but for my own pleisure as its not often someone else uses it. The sad thing is, smokers cannot smell it, in the cab or on themselves, but when i tried to pack it up, i did begin to smell it on others, or in other cabs, and got to tatse my food better, so good luck to anyone who tries to stop, i tried 3 times and have now reduced my intake…thought about an e cig , i actually have one brand new, in a box and two spare boxes of the [zb] to smoke, but really prefer the intake of real tobacco and real smoke instead of some vapour, that hasnt yet been proved to be safe…think the chargers are more dangerous…but thats another issue.

And real cigs are safe, it’s the inconsiderate drivers like you who cause non smokers to stink of stale smoke. The fact it’s a filthy habit, and now you realise you stink of , maybe man up and just quit rather than the gimmick E cig. Which are starting to be banned in public places I believe too.

discoman:

truckyboy:
living in a cab all week or more i have always kept it clean, and i use polish as well…and i smoke in it too…its unfortunate if someone else wants to drive it, but i open a window, and use a spray but for my own pleisure as its not often someone else uses it. The sad thing is, smokers cannot smell it, in the cab or on themselves, but when i tried to pack it up, i did begin to smell it on others, or in other cabs, and got to tatse my food better, so good luck to anyone who tries to stop, i tried 3 times and have now reduced my intake…thought about an e cig , i actually have one brand new, in a box and two spare boxes of the [zb] to smoke, but really prefer the intake of real tobacco and real smoke instead of some vapour, that hasnt yet been proved to be safe…think the chargers are more dangerous…but thats another issue.

And real cigs are safe, it’s the inconsiderate drivers like you who cause non smokers to stink of stale smoke. The fact it’s a filthy habit, and now you realise you stink of , maybe man up and just quit rather than the gimmick E cig. Which are starting to be banned in public places I believe too.

“Real cigs are safe” ?

Franglais:

discoman:

truckyboy:

“Real cigs are safe” ?

Real tobacco real smoke so I assumed real safe. … reality is we all know stale smoke and passive smoking is not safe , somhow one can say e cigs are not safe when they breathe all them chemicals in that affects others is well an idiot.

discoman:
Real tobacco real smoke so I assumed real safe. … reality is we all know stale smoke and passive smoking is not safe , somhow one can say e cigs are not safe when they breathe all them chemicals in that affects others is well an idiot.

Would you care to re wright that in English please … (i went from a £20 a day habit to an e cig overnight and I haven’t keeled over ye…)