4 dead M5 after lorry crashed through central red

Sad times indeed.

I won’t speculate on why it happened as it just causes so much debate and unrest on here.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … tions.html

Sad for the people involved and their loved ones.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gl … e-41294963

TNCSI need not apply.

Condolences to all involved…

I was just about to start a thread warning to avoid jnc 14-16 bothways on the m5 because its shut, it looks to be very nasty indeed. Very sad, and RIP.

very sad, and r.i.p. to all involved and condolences to their loved ones.

One of the ‘breaking news’ notifications I got came up saying the lorry had ‘deliberately’ gone through the CenRes

Actrosman:
One of the ‘breaking news’ notifications I got came up saying the lorry had ‘deliberately’ gone through the CenRes

If it was ‘breaking news’ how the ■■■■ would anyone know if it was deliberate or not.The world’s bad enough without ■■■■ mongering ■■■■■.

Actrosman:

You seem to be trying to whip up controversiaty in the light of a tragic event
Grow up

U both happy with that? Why would I be trying to whip up anything ffs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rescue crews became stuck in traffic,as motorists drove the wrong way up the hard shoulder :unamused:

mattecube:

Actrosman:

Grow up

I’d hardly say repeating info in a breaking news story notification as whipping up controversy.

The poster is just saying that’s what he saw in the notification.

commonrail:
Rescue crews became stuck in traffic,as motorists drove the wrong way up the hard shoulder :unamused:

I saw two ambulances joining at J12 M5 to go north bound then after realising their mistake reversed back up to the roundabound before going south bound.

mrginge:

commonrail:

I saw two ambulances joining at J12 M5 to go north bound then after realising their mistake reversed back up to the roundabound before going south bound.

What chance have we got? :unamused:

I would like to add im sure in all the ‘excitement’ it’s a simple mistake by the ambulance compared to people knowingly do a 180 on the motorway and drive up the hard shoulder.

Oh yes…an honest mistake,but muppetry all the same.

It wouldn’t have been a ‘mistake’. The location of the incident would have been revised while en route. The ambulance crews would have been alerted in the early stages while still trying to confirm exact details.

simcor:

mattecube:

Actrosman:

Grow up

I’d hardly say repeating info in a breaking news story notification as whipping up controversy.

The poster is just saying that’s what he saw in the notification.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour

It’s been a terrible few weeks for lorry drivers. It’s difficult to see any solutions to stop these accidents from happening sadly.

Root causes; Obviously boils down to a road infrastructure that cannot cope with ever increasing volumes of traffic. More people means more food, clothing and basically more of everything which in turns means more trucks on the roads.
In an ideal world we could have lorry only lanes. We could have carriageways 30 or 40 metres apart to prevent central reservation incursions. None of this is practicable .

Tyre blow outs; Not really anything that can be done. Simple misjudgements; We are human beings so there is not a lot that can be done to improve on that score.

Visible police presence; Would certainly in conjunction with stiff fines and enforcement improve matters but ultimately wouldn’t stop the vast majority of these collisions.

The driving standards of both car and lorry drivers are becoming worse and worse and being as immigration is something that will continue to rise year on year, maybe stiffer driving tests and more traffic cops are the only sticking plasters we can use?

Actrosman:

U both happy with that? Why would I be trying to whip up anything ffs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t mean you.I meant the ■■■■■■■■■ who sent it to you.