Class 2 Vs Class 1

I suppose it’s time for another debatable subject. Honest replies are always good and not what you think others want to hear. I will start of with MY honest opinion and see who agrees or disagrees. So as a class 1 tramper I drive the length of the country as most others do. I see frequently class 2 drivers who have not got a clue about driving HGV. Same could be said for a number of class 1 drivers too. However my point is that I am constantly been cut up and silly class 2 drivers driving their vehicles like a car. When pulling in to any stops where we either require a load or unload or even a break. I look upon most class 2 drivers with the same contempt I have for car drivers. I honestly always feel more superior than a class 2 driver even though I once only held a class 2 licence. I would like to know others opinions on this and also do any class 2 drivers feel inferior to a class 1 driver? I believe they do feel a little intimidated from what my own experiences are. When I say intimidated I really mean is there a bit of I wished I held a class 1 licence?

Honest opinion?

You’re a prat!

:smiley: :smiley:

I feel the same about container drivers.

Win-Stone:
Honest opinion?

You’re a prat!

This .

When I was a transit van driver I eyed the 7.5tonner driver at our place with envy, then I got my shot at 7.5 work and wished I was driving Class 2’s, did my class 2 and my licence peen was still overshadowed by the Class 1 big boys, then when I eventually got to the pinnacle of driving status, I’d be plodding along at 52mph and thinking “lucky B[zb]rd’s” at all those transits flying past me at 70-80…

Also have you ever tried reversing a class 2 since driving bendy’s for a fair while? The bloody things don’t go in the direction you want them too that’s for sure :laughing:

Yawn :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reef:
When I was a transit van driver I eyed the 7.5tonner driver at our place with envy, then I got my shot at 7.5 work and wished I was driving Class 2’s, did my class 2 and my licence peen was still overshadowed by the Class 1 big boys, then when I eventually got to the pinnacle of driving status, I’d be plodding along at 52mph and thinking “lucky B[zb]rd’s” at all those transits flying past me at 70-80…

Also have you ever tried reversing a class 2 since driving bendy’s for a fair while? The bloody things don’t go in the direction you want them too that’s for sure [emoji38]

I wanted to defect 3 of our rigids when I was shunting the other week. They all steered the wrong way when reversing them lol

Reef:

Also have you ever tried reversing a class 2 since driving bendy’s for a fair while? The bloody things don’t go in the direction you want them too that’s for sure :laughing:

I tried last week and hated it with a vengeance, I think that all class 2 drivers are frustrated class 1 drivers, I always looked up to class 1 drivers and was always wanting to play in the big boys toys. I never lost that feeling in my 20 years or so of me gaining it. I still feel a step up from class 2 and no matter what people say, class 1 driving is a different ball game. This I mean in a sense of driving skill & knowledge not in the sense I feel superior as a person. just to put that one straight.

Sorry, I was wrong…

You’re a condescending prat.

Win-Stone:
Sorry, I was wrong…
You’re a condescending prat.

Not asking on your opinion of me, asking for an opinion on the topic, class 2 Vs Class 1. perhaps you have an opinion on this?

tango boy:
Yawn :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This, starting to look a bit try hard on the trolling front

C or C+E. We are all lorry drivers however with different levels of ability.
Some C drivers hold a C + E licence but may prefer class 2 work.

There are good and bad driving both and that’s my honest opinion.

I have to admit to sometimes viewing class 3 drivers as inferior.But obviously not class 2 drivers when they just happen to be driving a class 3 truck. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Anyone who thinks they are superior driver because of the class of vehicle they drive is a ■■■■ womble.

I look upon most drivers as idiots as they so often prove to be so.

Treat every other driver as a moron and expect the unexpected.

Personally I couldn’t care less what I’m driving, I’ll drive anything I’m given as long as I’m getting paid my C+E rate.

Some people want to drive bigger vehicles some don’t, some feel inferior to others like elephant racing etc as a willy waving sport.

I`ve never felt superior as a class 1 driver to those below me…we are all in the same industry after all…many want to upgrade to a class one and get away from multiple drops, whereas we do it in bulk and often over longer distances…the same goes for foreign drivers who also do the same job, yet are berated for where they come from…yet…theres good and bad from every country…thats my input… but i respect courtesy from all classes, as i respect them too…dont always get it though.

Hi All

1st post so take it easy eh?
I am class 1 but occasionally take out a class 2 depending on my start time, and it’s noticable how few (less than 10% I’d say) class 1 drivers flash you in when you’ve overtaken them. Maybe it’s just due to the shorter truck or maybe the OP is not alone in his thinking?

Dr Damon:
C or C+E. We are all lorry drivers however with different levels of ability.
Some C drivers hold a C + E licence but may prefer class 2 work.

There are good and bad driving both and that’s my honest opinion.

The class 2 drivers I have spoken too all want to drive class 1. I cannot see a class 1 licence holder wanting or preferring to do class 2 work. Usually class 2 is multidrop and much harder work. The nutters I am witnessing now is getting worse in my opinion. I had 3 or 4 cuting me up like car drivers on the M1 yesterday. My Actros was limited to 53 and so I had them cutting in without me flashing them in which was far too close for comfort. I had to slow down a few times to allow them to pass me. If I cannot get past anyone I sit behind them and alter my speed, I don’t pull out and sit at their side for 10 mins to try to pass them.

City67:
Hi All

1st post so take it easy eh?
I am class 1 but occasionally take out a class 2 depending on my start time, and it’s noticable how few (less than 10% I’d say) class 1 drivers flash you in when you’ve overtaken them. Maybe it’s just due to the shorter truck or maybe the OP is not alone in his thinking?

I am not alone in my thinking, a lot will not dare say they agree with me even if they do. Good first post btw. Keep your own opinion and voice it, don’t follow the sheep M8.

Have held a class 1 licence since 1983 but been driving a lickle class 2 for the last 12 years.
Wouldn’t go back on the “big uns”, mainly because I cant be arsed to do nights out anymore, also it would mean a drop in wages.