M1 crash-court update

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ident.html

Not alot you can say really but i hope the full force of the law can put this person away for along time…

Lawyers…

Defending Maseriak Laban Leake said: ‘The only difference between this man and his co-defendant is his nationality - one man is on bail, one man isn’t. He has been residing in this country for eight years.’

The only difference■■? Apart from being over the limit (at three o’clock in the ■■■■■■■ morning), being stationary in a live lane for over twelve minutes (presumably asleep), and having a revoked HGV licence.
But no, let’s play the race card…

What do you call 50 lawyers in the bottom of the sea?

I was about to quote the exact same part donks, and all I was going to write after it was “Playing the race card, how [zb]ing predictable in todays day and age!”

Bloody disgraceful!

One assumes his employer, if he actually worked for them and not an agency, will be done for corporate manslaughter for allowing him to drive unlicenced.

Ken.

the nodding donkey:
Lawyers…

Defending Maseriak Laban Leake said: ‘The only difference between this man and his co-defendant is his nationality - one man is on bail, one man isn’t. He has been residing in this country for eight years.’

The only difference■■? Apart from being over the limit (at three o’clock in the [zb] morning), and being stationary in a live lane for over twelve minutes (presumably asleep)…
But no, let’s play the race card.

More importantly for ‘some’ reason his counsel seemed to have no objections to the accusation,regarding his client allegedly being parked up for no good reason,let alone asleep,in lane 1 of a motorway.Which would have been the better and more expected reaction than playing the race/victim card. :open_mouth: :confused:

‘If’ there was good reason for him being parked there of course.

Quinny:
One assumes his employer, if he actually worked for them and not an agency, will be done for corporate manslaughter for allowing him to drive unlicenced.

Ken.

I missed that…

That might wake a few companies up. My licence hasn’t been checked since I started (it was then).

Our lot only check our licences every 12 months.

Reef:
I was about to quote the exact same part donks, and all I was going to write after it was “Playing the race card, how [zb]ing predictable in todays day and age!”

Bloody disgraceful!

Isn’t it ironic that it is the Daily Wail that is reporting this as an alleged racial miscarriage of justice? :laughing:

i didnt read anything about race in that report…where was it…? non the less the polish driver seems to be the main cause of this tragedy, causing so many deaths…god bless them all…in an earlier report it said he was over the limit…in this report it adds that he was asleep in a live lane and his licence had been revoked…doesnt mention how the other driver got involved,no good summising…we will have to wait for the trial to begin…i hope the pole is remanded in custody as we know what will happen if he is bailed.

truckyboy:
i didnt read anything about race in that report…where was it…? non the less the polish driver seems to be the main cause of this tragedy, causing so many deaths…god bless them all…in an earlier report it said he was over the limit…in this report it adds that he was asleep in a live lane and his licence had been revoked…doesnt mention how the other driver got involved,no good summising…we will have to wait for the trial to begin…i hope the pole is remanded in custody as we know what will happen if he is bailed.

You might want to read the article again. Try it slowly, and out loud.

the nodding donkey:

Reef:

Bloody disgraceful!

Isn’t it ironic that it is the Daily Wail that is reporting this as an alleged racial miscarriage of justice? [emoji38]

The Mail article didn’t mention it. The Sun did in their version though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

Quinny:

Ken.

I missed that…

That might wake a few companies up. My licence hasn’t been checked since I started (it was then).

Most companies have licences checked by a third party, permission given by the driver by signing a form.

It may well have been among the mountain of signatures it now takes to drive a lorry.

So the drunk was stationary meaning the Fedex driver has run into the back of him. Has the minibus driver done the same? If he were still alive would he be facing charges too? Two tired drivers with a lowered level of awareness due to fatigue run into a stationary drunk? This accident happened at a time of day that is recognised as being a time of day when fatigue is a major factor in RTA’s. Who thinks night work is well paid?

Darkside:

the nodding donkey:

Quinny:

Ken.

I missed that…

Most companies have licences checked by a third party, permission given by the driver by signing a form.

It may well have been among the mountain of signatures it now takes to drive a lorry.

Perhaps it’s time in this computer age for DVSA to issue daily reports to companies informing them of all drivers who lose their licence asap.

TiredAndEmotional:

Darkside:

the nodding donkey:

Quinny:

Ken.

I missed that…

Perhaps it’s time in this computer age for DVSA to issue daily reports to companies informing them of all drivers who lose their licence asap.

I agree in principle but the way that some drivers move between companies, I doubt they would keep track.

I have worked at companies where licences are checked by a third party, and even then drivers slipped through the net.

the nodding donkey:
Lawyers…

The only difference■■? Apart from being over the limit (at three o’clock in the [zb] morning), being stationary in a live lane for over twelve minutes (presumably asleep), and having a revoked HGV licence.
But no, let’s play the race card…

His licence had been revoked, he was, allegedly, over the drink drive limit, he was asleep in a live lane of a motorway, eight people died, four were seriously injured and they are trying to say it is racist to lock him up?, if i were him on bail facing the prison time he is going to get I would be back in Poland under another name ■■■■ hot, and the people who employed him should be in the next cell to him when this is all over.

TiredAndEmotional:
This accident happened at a time of day that is recognised as being a time of day when fatigue is a major factor in RTA’s. Who thinks night work is well paid?

I’ve done night driving/tramping for years and while there’s been times when I’ve had to stop coz I’m so tired I usually sail through the whole night without getting fatigued. This of course requires you setting yourself up for it in advance. If you get up at 8am to do 5 hours of DIY, do the weekly shop then visit your sick granny in her care home followed by 15 hours out in a truck you’re going to be tired but with proper planning I’m just as alert at night as I am in the day.

I’m happy on nights, you can keep day work ta very much. In fact, I can think of just as many instances of me having to stop to sleep when I’ve been on days. I’m not much of a morning person.

I think a big factor here is you just don’t expect someone to be stopped where he was. Inattention on the part of the minibus driver had to be a factor. I drove over the crash marks on the road last week and that section is lit up being right on the junction so his view would’ve been very good. Who knows what he was doing.

Really want to know why Fedex driver is being prosecuted. Need to know more really coz with the info they’ve released it’s just guess work.

Yikes. Just when you think it couldn’t get any worse.
How the heck was he allowed to drive with a revoked licence.
AIM will be in for a ■■■■ storm if that is true.
Basic compliance like checking licences is child’s play and should be done once every 6 months I think by law.

TiredAndEmotional:

Darkside:

the nodding donkey:

Quinny:

Ken.

I missed that…

That would put the onus and blame onto DVSA and the onus is upon the employer to check the licences of its drivers.

simcor:

That would put the onus and blame onto DVSA and the onus is upon the employer to check the licences of its drivers.
[/quote]
Not at all. DVSA just put out a list for companies to check in between their regular checks. Alternatively companies could do weekly checks themselves.It’s this sort of thinking that masks these situations and to an extent allow them to happen. If it had been flagged up immediately when this fella lost his licence this accident wouldn’t have happened. Playing this pc blame game is nonsense.