Driver’s hours offenders face tougher penalties

Time to be good boys and girls :laughing: :laughing:

logisticsmanager.com/drivers … penalties/

In addition to the new powers, DVSA enforcement officers will start issuing fines of up to £300 to lorry drivers who take their full, weekly 45-hour rest breaks in their vehicle.

Looks like the champagne at the DVSA christmas party will be sponsored by Waberers this year :stuck_out_tongue:

DVSA enforcement officers will start issuing fines of up to £300 to lorry drivers who take their full, weekly 45-hour rest breaks in their vehicle.

Looks like the UK are now starting to enforce this rule :unamused:

tachograph:

Good!

Forget about the rules about taking a 45 hour in the cab. DVSA will be able to fine £300 for every infringement over the previous 28 days. :open_mouth:

Anybody who drove in Germany years ago will remember how keen the authorities were on checking all your previous records…

Yes donkey…and that was way before the digi came out…when we had only analogue, got fined a few times for not keeping records…ha ha… better than over the hours though…i suppose in hindsight, driving without a card could be strewn as the same offence…depends what the machine is capable of remembering. I cannot support this over your hours legislation because simply there is no excuse for it nowdays, unless you have a greedy boss and you are gullible enough to break the law. The eastern bloc was a great place to break the rules, a couple of packets of marlboro often did the trick…lol

the nodding donkey:
Forget about the rules about taking a 45 hour in the cab. DVSA will be able to fine £300 for every infringement over the previous 28 days. :open_mouth:

Anybody who drove in Germany years ago will remember how keen the authorities were on checking all your previous records…

It’s not £300 for every infringement. It is UP TO £300 which is the current level of fine anyway.

So, 4h 56m driving without a valid break = £100. 11h 30m driving today = £300

At the moment there is also a cap of maximum of three penalties in a day. I suspect that cap will remain

Any mention of applying penalties to WTD offences?

shep532:

the nodding donkey:

It’s not £300 for every infringement. It is UP TO £300 which is the current level of fine anyway.

So, 4h 56m driving without a valid break = £100. 11h 30m driving today = £300

At the moment there is also a cap of maximum of three penalties in a day. I suspect that cap will remain

Fair enough, UP TO £300. :blush:

But.

DVSA’s traffic examiners can fine drivers up to £300 for each breach of the tachograph rules and vehicle examiners can fine up to £300 for each mechanical offence, up to a maximum of 5 offences per examiner

indicates up to five penalties. And does not mention if there are more than one examiner present, they can fine you up to five offences each.

I’m afraid that £300 is not enough to stop the hauliers committing these offenses.

A friend of mine was in Sweden the other day and on his way through Denmark he came across a German driver who had been driving on someone else’s card,fine was approximately £18.000,yes 18 grand. Truck was not released until the full payment had gone through and the driver had taken his rest.
I bet it will take that haulier a few days to make that money back…

A danish driver he spoke to said that fines like that wasn’t uncommon,a week earlier they had stopped a polish HGV speeding,driver had installed a device to get around the tachograph.His company had to transfer nearly £30.000,yes 30 grand,to get the truck released and the exact fine would be calculated at a later date.They couldn’t do that so the truck stayed where it was,don’t know what the outcome was…

TiredAndEmotional:

Why cant you all see whats going on, they will never implement WTD it would mean less hours worked and cost them more money.
we have the tool there and yet we dont use it, and you wonder why, well thats because of our selfessness and the idea of looking after number one, it has always been our downfall.

Neverstress:
I’m afraid that £300 is not enough to stop the hauliers committing these offenses.

A friend of mine was in Sweden the other day and on his way through Denmark he came across a German driver who had been driving on someone else’s card,fine was approximately £18.000,yes 18 grand. Truck was not released until the full payment had gone through and the driver had taken his rest.

A danish driver he spoke to said that fines like that wasn’t uncommon,a week earlier they had stopped a polish HGV speeding,driver had installed a device to get around the tachograph.His company had to transfer nearly £30.000,yes 30 grand,to get the truck released and the exact fine would be calculated at a later date.They couldn’t do that so the truck stayed where it was,don’t know what the outcome was…

Thats a lot of information from one person, its hard to believe a german driver would do that. Polish truck is probably worth about 5000, did he meet anyone else pray tell

The penalty for exceeding drivers hours is the fact that you’re working more! That alone is enough to dissuade me.

Another nail in the coffin. Who wants to be a truck driver anymore? :unamused:

Reef:

tachograph:

Good!

Why good ?
It’s a ■■■■ stupid rule I reckon.
So if you’re weekended you have to leave all your in cab facilities you have provided for your comfort and in theory sleep under the trailer …just to pacify a load of James Hunts who make up rules to justify their existence in their non jobs .
Good my arse .

robroy:

Reef:

tachograph:

Good!

Why good ?
It’s a [zb] stupid rule I reckon.
So if you’re weekended you have to leave all your in cab facilities you have provided for your comfort and in theory sleep under the trailer …just to pacify a load of James Hunts who make up rules to justify their existence in their non jobs .
Good my arse .

I don’t understand that rule either. Stupid

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

nightline:

Neverstress:

Thats a lot of information from one person, its hard to believe a german driver would do that. Polish truck is probably worth about 5000, did he meet anyone else pray tell

Why is it hard to believe a German driver would do that ? Are there certain nationalities that can’t possibly cheat ?
Don’t know if he met anyone else ? Anyone on your mind ?

TiredAndEmotional:

dvsa aren’t charged with that responsibly thankfully and nor should they be, this bs needs to be scrapped IMO After we leave the corrupt dictatorship known ats the EU it will be, once we have a political party in office that isn’t traitorous scum that doesn’t care about us

tommy t:

TiredAndEmotional:

dvsa aren’t charged with that responsibly thankfully and nor should they be, this bs needs to be scrapped IMO After we leave the corrupt dictatorship known ats the EU it will be, once we have a political party in office that isn’t traitorous scum that doesn’t care about us

I could be wrong but I think you’ll find that the DVSA are charged with overseeing the RT(WT)R 2005, but they choose not to enforce it.

tachograph:

tommy t:

TiredAndEmotional:

I could be wrong but I think you’ll find that the DVSA are charged with overseeing the RT(WT)R 2005, but they choose not to enforce it.

Sure you dont have to worry about it, you all think you are going to be a force on your own and not have accountability to anyone, i cant wait to see the outcome on that