Tesla electric lorry to be revealed next month

lancpudn:

muckles:

lancpudn:

Dodgy Permit:
Gentlemen it will happen & it is coming.

Not overnight of course but any issues can & will be overcome by the big outfits who’s purpose is to move their goods between their RDC’s & points of sale (as I said before the likes of Tesco)
Charging them is also a non issue for them as they will install what is needed on the loading/parking areas.
As you know the big outfits look at the total running costs via lease over a 5 year period (?) and I have no doubt that the Tesla will (on paper) be a good deal cheaper.
Banning diesel trucks into city’s is in the near future so smaller EV lorrys will become common place.

Yes once one of the big outfits here buys them the others will not want to be left out. Ryder has put down deposits for a large number of them and Loblaws has placed deposits for 25. Very low maintenance, Musk reckons the brakes will never need replacing because of it’s regen system :open_mouth: and they have capped their megachargers rates in the states to 7 cents/kwh.

I noticed those wind deflector panels between tractor & trailer slide in when it’s turning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9xafjynJA

You really swallow the hype don’t you?
Ryder have put a deposit down on the Tesla, but are not saying for how many, so it could be as few as 2. The deposit is $5000, I could put an order in for that price, the companies that have put in orders have been very small compared to what they would normally order, they’ve done it for evaluation and publicity reasons and Ryder will be no different.

You really are a miserable get aren’t you? I’m neither a zealot as you put it or swallow anyone’s hype. I’m my own man, If you want to be a debby downer on all things Tesla that fine I’ve no problem with that, What I have a problem with is you making wrongful assumptions of me.
I LIKE EV technology,“PERIOD” I don’t give a racoon’s ringpiece what Mr Musk promises potential buyers of his Tesla semi truck.

I’m not miserable, don’t even really dislike Tesla, but I’m cynical about a commercial vehicle launched without a purchase price or weight or delivery date or representatives of the commercial vehicle press at the launch.

And if somebody keeps posting the information from the launch without questioning, what am I supposed to think?
It is true that various companies have put in orders for this truck, but it is a few large companies that have put in very small orders for, what for them, is actually not a great deal of money.

Just because you’re a fan of EV’s it doesn’t mean you don’t have to believe all the claims of the manufactures without question, not sure if I’d call myself a fan of EV’s, but I’m interested by the technological developments in the automotive industry and looking round I think the commercial vehicle manufacturers offerings are far more realistic, it’s quite obvious that most are looking at the Urban, local delivery market for the first vehicles, but this is actually a very big market and many HGV journeys in Europe are quite short.
No doubt as with other electric vehicles range will go up, the weight and price will come down and the charging infrastructure will increase.

Although having worked with hybrid racing cars and seen the safety procedures when working around the electrical systems, I’d like to know more about safety features.