M6 J10 new junction planned

Evening all.
Finally a planning application has gone out to revamp J10 by knocking down the existing 2 lane island and replacing it with two 4 lane bridges and widening the approach roads,with room for 2580 houses.
I know its got to be done but its bad enough getting through now without more disruption with the M6/M5 farce going on.

expressandstar.com/news/201 … -new-jobs/

Further non cheery news the tunnel by Stonehenge on the A303 has been given the go ahead.

FFS!..

When will they ever learn that putting a roundabout (regardless of how many lanes wide) is tantamount to putting a road block in place. This is the same layout design as Lofthouse M1/M62 and that’s nothing more than a giant fatberg in the rush hour.

For the disruption that this will bring and the money they’re gonna spend, they might as well build a flyover and do it properly.

This is possibly thought up by the same lot that dug up the A34/M4 junction all those years ago to put traffic lights in, only to dig the whole ■■■■■■■ lot up again a year later to put the new junction that’s in there now.

makes my blood boil

Eventually they will figure out the solution is to close junction 9 make it 5 lanes from 10, 2 for M5 and 3 for M6. Imho

At rush hour its quicker just to run around the M42 and get back on north of Brum.

Dipper_Dave:
Eventually they will figure out the solution is to close junction 9 make it 5 lanes from 10, 2 for M5 and 3 for M6. Imho

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

dont be telling them that…if they do that,then i cant come off at 9 and back on at 10,or vise versa…off at 9,left into pleck road,chippy on right.top of pleck,turn left back for j 10,chippy on right ( with those orange chips).closer to j 10,chinkys on left…not so bad.and last resort,a kfc on the left just before going back on at 10… :open_mouth:

Kak yeah and I come off at 9 to get home. I really hadn’t thought my earlier post through…

So basically, when the top of the M5 is finished there will be a few months of peace on the M6 and then… yep, the cones & SPECs cameras will be back in full force along that stretch again :unamused:

So glad I don’t frequent that neck of the woods much these days.

Dipper_Dave:
Kak yeah and I come off at 9 to get home. I really hadn’t thought my earlier post through…

You and me both DD cut off the morrisons for late night beer,don’t even think of going the chinky opposite,days sponsored by Andrex await the foolish.

Daytrunker:

Dipper_Dave:

You and me both DD cut off the morrisons for late night beer,don’t even think of going the chinky opposite,days sponsored by Andrex await the foolish.

:smiley: :smiley:
gone are the days of parking in pleck road and trying to kip when the tarts were banging on your door all night…even when they were trying to get back out again… :open_mouth:

Dipper_Dave:

Now I’m scared that means Dipper lives or works near me.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
Now I’m scared that means Dipper lives or works near me.

Perhaps lurks would be a better word? Sleep well :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
FFS!..

When will they ever learn that putting a roundabout (regardless of how many lanes wide) is tantamount to putting a road block in place. This is the same layout design as Lofthouse M1/M62 and that’s nothing more than a giant fatberg in the rush hour.

For the disruption that this will bring and the money they’re gonna spend, they might as well build a flyover and do it properly.

This is possibly thought up by the same lot that dug up the A34/M4 junction all those years ago to put traffic lights in, only to dig the whole [zb] lot up again a year later to put the new junction that’s in there now.

makes my blood boil

Same can be said of J10 on the M40, it has been redesigned three times now and it’s still a bottle neck, lost count how many revamps J9 has had.

Fun coming on the M42 before long.
roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/m … provement/