M1 lorry & minibus crash

Hearing Reports of several people killed in a crash involving 2 HGV’s & a minibus.

Been mentioned on Sky news, sounds bad. Reporting several dead.

It’s like it’s bank holiday madness or something. This one, then yesterday I believe there was a big one with 2 artics and some cars which shut at least 2 lanes of the m6 between 15 and 16 for hours, and I’m sure I heard a snippet of another one where an air ambulance landed on the motorway for another accident.

Coming up m6 this morning and there was a minibus in lane one with a puncture, stopped with hazard lights on. Although what they had done was grabbed some of those blue cones from the road works to create there only little lane closure like highways do. The only thing was due to the height and positioning of the cones it was actually covering up the the hazard lights so with that and still being darkish I didn’t see what was actually happening until very late and got out into lane 2.

Very sad… thoughts with those affected.

Shocking news: Came that way twice on Friday for another client having put in three FedEx shifts this week. Oh for the grace of God go we that remain :open_mouth:

Doesn’t look good.

express.co.uk/news/uk/846078 … nghamshire

One of the units is a Fed Ex, the other is AIM Logistics.

Witness report on BBC says the minibus is flattened under a truck, the fed ex I assume from the picture.
Truly dreadful.

Another early a.m. fatal involving trucks when there’s a minimum of traffic on the road…fatigue?

Been a nasty accident on the A5 now… dreadful if you are coming off a Nightshift :cry:

Update from police 8 dead & one of the drivers failed a breath test. Words fail me, horrendous.

The police said they have arrested two blokes over Death by Dangerous Driving according to BBC news.

More in the BBC News Article Here.

Awful.
Failed a breath test? Why do people do it?
One of the dead reported as a child. :frowning:

The M1 was really quiet at 0300 when I pulled onto NP north.
A driver pulled in 10 minutes after me and was in tears describing what he’d seen.

Dreadfully sad X

What happened?

Minibus between two lorries in the 50mph roadworks?

Very sad indeed

But why do lorry drivers always seem to get arrested before any sort of investigation or enquirey has taken place, if you fail a breath test then ok, your arrested, but it seems like because your a lorry driver you must be guilty until you can prove your innocent.

Visiting relatives in rugby , seen it flashing up on matrix, long delays ,closed was thinking road works , seeing pics , awfull , thoughts with all those involved

Midnight Rambler:
Very sad indeed

But why do lorry drivers always seem to get arrested before any sort of investigation or enquirey has taken place, if you fail a breath test then ok, your arrested, but it seems like because your a lorry driver you must be guilty until you can prove your innocent.

Perhaps the driver was arrested after witnesses gave their version of events to the police.

A slight step
Imagine this with the driverless truck trials :open_mouth:
Would you as a convoy driver be able to put your trust in that system.

A sad loss of life and let’s hope the concerned at fault feel the full and heaviest hand of the law. It won’t bring back lost ones but should act as the biggest deterrent for anyone that drives under the influence.

Midnight Rambler:
Very sad indeed

Its to do with evidence. Not that your at fault but in the simplest way that if your arrested the police have certain powers that they don’t have if your not.
Thing like the right to search and enter property if they thoughtvyour a flight risk you can be arrested and released with the " don’t leave the country " tag .