Route info please

Hi
Need some advice on a route up to Cannock for Friday night please folks. Will be going to APC parcels hub in Cannock (WS11 8LD). Will be going up from Hainault in Essex with. Double deck. Was thinking M1 then M42 then up A5. Is that viable with the high trailor? Also does anyone know the protocol at these kind of hubs. Haven’t driven for a while but out of touch with it all. Any info gratefully received.

I’d go M1, M6 to J11, A460 basically to the hub.

Not sure what roadworks are on that may effect your decision though.

kjw21:

This is a good call. Roadworks between Northampton and Catthorpe should be fairly quiet at night. Only possible concern would be J8 M6 because of the M5 crap at the mo.

As for hub etiquette, just let the gatehouse know you are new to site and they should steer you right.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

dannyboy108:
Hi
Need some advice on a route up to Cannock for Friday night please folks. Will be going to APC parcels hub in Cannock (WS11 8LD). Will be going up from Hainault in Essex with. Double deck. Was thinking M1 then M42 then up A5. Is that viable with the high trailor? Also does anyone know the protocol at these kind of hubs. Haven’t driven for a while but out of touch with it all. Any info gratefully received.

I’ve done the APC hub at Cannock. A5 then turn right at this set of traffic lights (you’ll be approaching from the right). Over the M5, straight over the roundabout, up the road round the left hand bend and its on your right. Once at the gatehouse go into the yard, turn left, follow the one way system round the back, stop and open your curtains. They’ll direct you from there.

When you go through the gate there’s a building on the right. That is where the drivers canteen is but there’s no food there other than a snack machine however there is a microwave. As you’re going round the one way system you’ll see a burger van on your left.

kjw21:

This works for me,only thing I can think of is M6 J6 spaghetti junction is closed for exiting to Aston expressway into brum not sure what the junction will be like with the ongoing roadworks.