Dashcam warriors unite

Nows a chance to put all your footage to good use and become an unpaid traffic officer
Motorists using dash cams to inform on dodgy drivers
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40996609

Will you get £250 for every clip used like you’ve been framed?

Like all good ideas, dash cams are being taken to the extreme and are becoming another tool in the continual erosion of civil liberties.

xichrisxi:
Will you get £250 for every clip used like you’ve been framed?

You might get £250 and 3 points

wish I had mine on yesterday when a Stobart muppet cut across me on the inside & a harsh braking saved my n/s mirrors, but shook up my load of 13 polo ponies.

I was already a bit wary, as he barged his way onto the A3 from the slip road (I had already moved over for him), then on the roundabout for the M25 he roared up the inside lane & cut across me to go right,

Then once on the M25 I saw him up ahead at the next junction pull across from Lane 1 to Lane 2, forcing a car to brake & swerve

Worst bit of driving I have seen for a while, and I do see some crap everyday

Captain Caveman 76:
Like all good ideas, dash cams are being taken to the extreme and are becoming another tool in the continual erosion of civil liberties.

Civil liberties such as driving like a t**t?

I think they should be standard fit, especially in commercial vehicles. Might get some of the muppets off the road or at least thinking twice before cutting up a 44 tonner

Blue Day:

Captain Caveman 76:

Civil liberties such as driving like a t**t?

I think they should be standard fit, especially in commercial vehicles. Might get some of the muppets off the road or at least thinking twice before cutting up a 44 tonner

Like I said, a good idea in principle. Unfortunately, they’ll be used to report drivers to their companies because the nasty lorry didn’t let them off a slip road, or took a corner too wide and crossed the white line etc. etc.

YouTube is full of videos with titiles like “crazy driving” where what happens is a complete non event.

The majority of people on the road aren’t skilled enough to be there, who are they to judge MY driving?

Any clip that goes on social media before a decision is made by the police/court cannot be used as part of a prosecution

Videos must be date/time coded and must not be doctored in any way

Great idea IMO

Had a nice lady driver in a Ford Focus decide to pull across in front of me today…slammed on the brakes and missed her by a few centimetres…she couldn’t give a flying … felt like saving the clip and sending it to the cops…but you know what I just can’t be bothered…they will do nothing about it…
She could have been killed or seriously injured…but she actually looked at me as she was doing it. Knowing full well that I would brake sharp and couldn’t care about a potential rear ender in the back of my truck.
I keep my dashcam primed and ready…hopefully there will never be a need to use it but it does give me a sense of justice if it is ever needed.

ROG:
Any clip that goes on social media before a decision is made by the police/court cannot be used as part of a prosecution

Says who?

If everyone reported someone for cutting someone up etc the courts would be overrun with cases.

My drive is a mere 60 miles a day now to work and back and yes, I see idiots most days doing something stupid but never has it crossed my mind to go further than muttering something.

what happened to just calling the offender a ■■■■ and going about your day?

I can only imagine how excited societies rejects are about being able to drive about pretending to be policemen though, much like the community speed watch brigade.

For Unkleskid … Bald Bloke posted the same news item 6 minutes before you posted yours, keep up at the back please … :slight_smile:

Uncleskid:
Nows a chance to put all your footage to good use and become an unpaid traffic officer
Motorists using dash cams to inform on dodgy drivers
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40996609

Unpaid traffic officers? FFS?

Whatever next, where will it end?
Instead of dashcams maybe they could put the cameras on the sides of buildings and use the footage for evidence of incidents that the police didn’t see but that would make the buildings unpaid beat officers or better still never use your own eyes to give a statement on something you witnessed as that would make you an unpaid police officer by your logic.

More ■■■■■■■ Big Brother ■■■■■■

there is another more satisfying alternative to be just another armchair viking dashcam fanny.

youtube.com/watch?v=IGg_72XTPyg

slowlane:
More [zb] Big Brother [zb].

Stop driving like a ■■■■ then.

Roymondo:

ROG:

Says who?

The police have made that a condition of the scheme :-

“Footage has to be unedited and include the whole journey, not just the incident. Members of the public are also told not to post it on social media, or to remove it if it has already been posted.”

manski:
“Footage has to be unedited and include the whole journey, not just the incident. Members of the public are also told not to post it on social media, or to remove it if it has already been posted.”

How do you record the whole journey if the ■■■■ in question is coming towards you ■■? …

raymundo:

manski:

How do you record the whole journey if the ■■■■ in question is coming towards you ■■? …

It’s so they can see nothing went on before the event at ANY point

Norfolkinclue1:

slowlane:
More [zb] Big Brother [zb].

Stop driving like a ■■■■ then.

If you’re not doing anything wrong, you’ve got nothing to hide. The government cares about you. Ignorance is strength. There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. The selfless new man is willing to sacrifice not only his life but his self-respect and his sensitivity.