Moonraker truck tv aerial

Just bought one 12 quid off, …special offer.
Anybody else use one in the truck ?
if so what are they like?
Yeh, I know I’ve done this arse about face :blush: …(should have asked first before buying, :unamused: ) but I needed an aerial asap as I broke mine, and I’ve got an approval warranty anyway, so just curious for opinions.
Cheers. :wink:

I find mine pretty good, usually pick up 60+ channels.

Only place I’ve ever struggled for signal was central park rugby.

Usually keep mine inside on front screen, if that struggles then stick it out on roof.

You do get interference when wagons keep going past, but overall I’d recommend it.

Have you a link to this bargain buy? PM me if you prefer

Cheapest I could find quickly

moonraker.eu/b-grade-dtv-100 … tv-antenna

peirre:
Have you a link to this bargain buy? PM me if you prefer

Looks like Biggriffin has got a better buy than me. :unamused:
Story of my life that is :unamused: :laughing:
Knew I should have asked here first :smiley:

That’s his week shaged then a whole week knowing it could be got cheaper :frowning:

nightline:
That’s his week shaged then a whole week knowing it could be got cheaper :frowning:

:smiley:
I’m used to disappointments mate…I’m a Newcastle fan :unamused:
:laughing:

Been using one for years. Some areas are obviously better than others, but in a lot of places I can recieve over 100 freeview channels.

Been using one for a while. I have it mounted up the back of the cab and 99% of the time it’s 100+ channels but have had some nights where it’s pretty poor.

I’ve had one for years.
Tried many and this one is better than the rest.
If you can, stick it on the roof through thd roof hatch ( taking care not to close completely)
Try to work out where nearest transmitter is and point it towards it.

Thanks for the feedback lads.
I would tell you how it was performing tonight, but I forgot to put the ■■■■ thing in my bag this morning and left it at home. :unamused: :laughing:

Borrowed a one off a mate today for the rest of the week though, not brill but better than nothing.

Been using one for a year and find it pretty good most of the time, as said interference when trucks go past but I try and find somewhere quiet most of the time. Only place I’ve really struggled is Watford Gap :confused:

ROADRANGER:
I’ve had one for years.
Tried many and this one is better than the rest.
If you can, stick it on the roof through thd roof hatch ( taking care not to close completely)
Try to work out where nearest transmitter is and point it towards it.

There is an app available to help locate nearest TV transmitter.

Unfortunately, my phone doesn’t have a built in compass so app didn’t work.

(Well I’m no tech expert but if it does have a compass it’s not working)

Can’t beat an Omnimax aerial for me. Yes they are quite dear around about £80 but I could even pick up about 50 freebies channels when I was up South Uist on the Outer Hebrides the other month :smiley:
Mines mounted onto an aerial pole you get from B&Q and attached to the support bars on the fairing by the catwalk on my Volvo.