You tube videos?

Thoughts please and discussion would be good.

I have seen loads and loads of you tube videos regarding bad driving etc. The poster often puts ‘personal mistakes’ near the end. If it is a personal mistake by them, then surely most of the videos they have shown could have been other peoples ‘personal mistakes’.

I am thinking of making a sequence of clips where I highlight the you tube phenomena but with an actual what you should do type of situation. ie be in actual driving situation and highlight the you tube opportunity! then highlight the real none event.
Approach a small roundabout and accelerate towards a car that possibly should/could have waited but your you tube moment wouldn’t happen without a blast of the horn.

My clips would be a bit about anticipation and forward planning. There would be bad driving but in general it would be anticipating that and highlighting the fact from a professional drivers point of view?

Is it worth the effort or should I just not bother??

:smiley: Ar the dash cam warriors, after there 15 minutes of fame. Without them the Broadcast companies wouldn’t have any new programming to continually repeat on Dave,+1, ch4+1 or any other channel, and I would get board with nowt to watch and laugh at their own stupidity

dri-diddly-iver:
Thoughts please and discussion would be good.

I have seen loads and loads of you tube videos regarding bad driving etc. The poster often puts ‘personal mistakes’ near the end. If it is a personal mistake by them, then surely most of the videos they have shown could have been other peoples ‘personal mistakes’.

I am thinking of making a sequence of clips where I highlight the you tube phenomena but with an actual what you should do type of situation. ie be in actual driving situation and highlight the you tube opportunity! then highlight the real none event.
Approach a small roundabout and accelerate towards a car that possibly should/could have waited but your you tube moment wouldn’t happen without a blast of the horn.

My clips would be a bit about anticipation and forward planning. There would be bad driving but in general it would be anticipating that and highlighting the fact from a professional drivers point of view?

Is it worth the effort or should I just not bother??

Personally I wouldn’t bother, what would you gain from all of this hard work? What would your intention be ? However if you want to teach people how to react to certain situations then go for it. I doubt you would change the world as plenty of learner driver videos on you tube as well as the idiotic ones. The majority of mistakes are just that, it is a little retrospective after the horse has bolted. Reminds me a bit of Harry Enfield and that character “You don’t want to do that”

the flaw in your idea is the assumption that there are people out there who consider their driving to be less than perfect and are in need of some advice.

You’d be wasting yer bloody time mate. They’re all driving gods out there doncha know.

Looking at some of the other threads with similar stuff I don’t think I’ll bother. It was just a thought :stuck_out_tongue: