M1 down a406 to a13 in an artic London lorry night time ban

Winseer:
^ perhaps the transport office do that so the drivers don’t even realize what is happening behind the scenes…

I wonder what happens when the driver goes to pick up the secondary trailer to go into the center of town, and then takes it off the road? Switching the load to another standby trailer is one thing - but then I would imagine that switched trailer has to be put through the system all over again for “authorization”…?

Also, regarding APNR - the Dartford Crossing now has a drive-through with APNR system. When the barriers were still in place, you could drive into a small queue at say, 21:58 and wait for 22:00 when they’d open the barrier, and let you through without paying. Used to see plenty of locals bothing to do this, and always laughed at those who’d pay to go through the barriers at 21:59:50!!!

Now it’s APNR though - I wonder if there isn’t some kind of fiddle going on where LGVs going through the crossing cameras “still get billed” five whole minutes after 22:00 and the same before 06:00? Who’s gonna notice? In my mind the new system isn’t quite as transparent for third-party drivers as the old system. :bulb:

The LLCS is done by reg no so if you swap trailers and keep the same unit you only need one auth code. In our place every place we go to has a risk assessment, so the person who
does it gets the route authorised.

I’ve only every gone through the dartford crossing at night by car and the ANPR cameras are quite accurate. I’ve gone through the cameras at 21:59 and was charged but on the other hand I’ve gone through it at 22:01 and wasn’t charged.