Durabrights

Mate, of mine told me he used to polish his, but all i hear from others is to never polish them.

Is there a reason why people dont polish them ?
Would polisheing them cause any issues ?

Only asking as mine could be abit better.

BradCarTransporter:
Mate, of mine told me he used to polish his, but all i hear from others is to never polish them.

Would polisheing them cause any issues ?

Only asking as mine could be abit better.

Any abrasive polish will damage or remove the durabrite coating. What’s wrong with yours, are they dull or just dirty? I use fairy liquid and find that keeps them looking good.

A.

Yes they are just abit dull compared some of the other wagons in the yard.

BradCarTransporter:

Yeah … I’m paid to drive em make em go round & round, not polish em :unamused:

BradCarTransporter:
Yes they are just abit dull compared some of the other wagons in the yard.

Alcoa do a range of cleaning and polishing products that I would assume are safe to use, you could try their wheel cleaner and polish and see if that brings them up.

A.

I use fast wax or embellish from Chrome northwest to clean my wheels on my trailer and alibright on the unit wheels as they aren’t shiny.

peirre:

BradCarTransporter:

That’s awesome mate I’m happy for you :unamused:

On the flip side I actually do get paid to keep the motor clean by way of a weekly bonus.

mine are nice and shiny but in wet weather they do look duller than others I see. some people’s seen to shiny even I the rain. I’m thinking a non abrasive sealant is required.

arconic.com/alcoawheels/nor … ht-evo.asp
As already said use nowt stronger than soapnwater on genuine DuraBrights. Other Alcoa alloys may need more aggressive cleaners and polishes, but not DuraBrights.

red7jase:
mine are nice and shiny but in wet weather they do look duller than others I see. some people’s seen to shiny even I the rain. I’m thinking a non abrasive sealant is required.

A sealant will make them easier to clean too and help stop the brake dust and crud sticking.

I use AG HD Wax on the car alloys but AG now do a spray on sealant that is supposedly good, will be quick to apply too.

A.

I’ll have a look for that sealer stuff. Cheers for the input.

auto-glanz.co.uk/finishing/hydr … gK-hPD_BwE

This the stuff ?

Adonis.:

red7jase:

A sealant will make them easier to clean too and help stop the brake dust and crud sticking.

I use AG HD Wax on the car alloys but AG now do a spray on sealant that is supposedly good, will be quick to apply too.

A.

i assume you mean autoglym?

Durabrights will always be a little duller than freshly polished non Durabright alloys. If you do polish the coating off they will never be the same again

Never polish durabrites when HOT or warm, due to the protective coat is soft, Never use any form of abrasive cleaners eg( autosol,peek,white diamond) use washing up liquid a nd sponge, you use normal wax polish on them to help repel the dirt/grime, even dash board spray.
Dura-brights always look a bit dull due to the coating.

As the advert says “clean and shiny with soap and water”

BradCarTransporter:

peirre:

BradCarTransporter:

That’s awesome mate I’m happy for you :unamused:

On the flip side I actually do get paid to keep the motor clean by way of a weekly bonus.

So, you get paid a bonus for keeping your truck shiney so you can afford to buy the cleaning stuff required to keep your truck shiney to earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney to be able to afford the cleaning stuff to keep your truck shiney so you can earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney.

Hycus:
So, you get paid a bonus for keeping your truck shiney so you can afford to buy the cleaning stuff required to keep your truck shiney to earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney to be able to afford the cleaning stuff to keep your truck shiney so you can earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney.

If you weren’t manky and unwashed you would know that cleaning stuff isn’t very dear at all, much less than a bonus pays.

Less than 50p for washing up liquid which does several months of wheel washes.

Another cretin who has never had a truck worth having pride in, wonder why… :unamused:

A.

Adonis.:

Hycus:

If you weren’t manky and unwashed you would know that cleaning stuff isn’t very dear at all, much less than a bonus pays.

Less than 50p for washing up liquid which does several months of wheel washes.

Another cretin who has never had a truck worth having pride in, wonder why… :unamused:

A.

WOW, you did a reply without the using the word " JEALOUS "
Congratulations, reach around the U bend in the toilet for your prize!

Hycus:
WOW, you did a reply without the using the word " JEALOUS "
Congratulations, reach around the U bend in the toilet for your prize!

You’re not jealous at all, you’re just spiteful that you don’t have nice things because you aren’t good at your job.

It must be hard for you being a bully victim as a grown adult.

A.

Mine arn’t durabrights, just standard alloys, but i do keep them polished.

The fact it annoys some who have lost pride in their work is a bonus :smiling_imp: , so the more they make sarky comments the more it inspires to keep that shine bright :sunglasses: