Abbey Logistics wants you

nsmith1180:

albion:
I spent half a day filling in some complete b0ll0x from one of my customers about my anti slavery policy, my anti bribery policy and my human rights policy. Couldn’t make it up.

My policies are:

Anti-slavery - I won’t do it for less than what it costs to do!

Anti bribery - cross my palm with silver and I’ll write something out.

Human rights - it’s the law, it’s morally right, I do it.

Would this not be enough??

As for repaying training etc. It costs at least 250 a day to train someone. Why would I spend out that money this week, for the learner to decide next week that another firm has more chrome on their wagons so they are going to do the same job for them.

Same with PPE. Ten logoed hi vis for an SME = £50 plus VAT. So I could just about stand the cost of a free hi vis to Joe Bloggs. But throw in a hard hat £7, safety glasses £3.50 boots £30 and gloves £2.50 and you are at £47.50.

Put another way, that’s two weeks worth of AdBlue, or Tachomaster for 27 wagons and 30 drivers a month, or five days hire of a sliding skel.

Now the glasses and hard hat should last for years so it’s a) very hard to put a price on remaining service life and b) pretty crappy to chase a bloke for pennies a month but I don’t see anything wrong with charging someone who walks away in my pair of boots £5 per month left of a six month service life. Why should I subsidise someone else’s business?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Why don’t you just do everyone a favour and quit the business.
If you need to be careful with every penny you spent, you shouldn’t be running your business mate, especially in haulage industry.
You are going to be doing a lot of people a favour by quiting, your competition and especially your drivers.

Drivers have three main enemies to deal with:

1. Agencies.

Drivers would be so much better off without agencies around.
These are leaches , that try to undercut each other lowering, standards, drivers pay, and treating drivers badly.

1. Haulage companies.

Same as above about agencies.
There is not much difference between agencies and haulage companies.
Don’t you people think you bring some value into transport.
If you weren’t around, and companies that actually require transportation of their goods, employed drivers directly, these drivers would have been on my better terms and conditions, better pay, would be treated much better, as it is the case these days with companies employing drivers directly.
Main reason of existence of most, probably all haulage companies is that someone has realised he can undercut competition on price, by lowering drivers pay, and terms and conditions of drivers employment.
The more haulage companies go to the wall, the better for every driver out there.
So, to all haulage company’s bosses on here, do yourself and everyone else a favour and just quit, fold the business and become a driver yourself, you are going to be surprised how much better this industry will become, and you are going to be getting better paid than when you were an independent operator.

1. Some people think VOSA or police are our enemies. No they aren’t. They are driver’s best friend, if not for them haulage company’s bosses would run us to the ground, knowing there is no one who can put them in jail.