Abbey Logistics wants you

albion:
I spent half a day filling in some complete b0ll0x from one of my customers about my anti slavery policy, my anti bribery policy and my human rights policy. Couldn’t make it up.

My policies are:

Anti-slavery - I won’t do it for less than what it costs to do!

Anti bribery - cross my palm with silver and I’ll write something out.

Human rights - it’s the law, it’s morally right, I do it.

Would this not be enough??

As for repaying training etc. It costs at least 250 a day to train someone. Why would I spend out that money this week, for the learner to decide next week that another firm has more chrome on their wagons so they are going to do the same job for them.

Same with PPE. Ten logoed hi vis for an SME = £50 plus VAT. So I could just about stand the cost of a free hi vis to Joe Bloggs. But throw in a hard hat £7, safety glasses £3.50 boots £30 and gloves £2.50 and you are at £47.50.

Put another way, that’s two weeks worth of AdBlue, or Tachomaster for 27 wagons and 30 drivers a month, or five days hire of a sliding skel.

Now the glasses and hard hat should last for years so it’s a) very hard to put a price on remaining service life and b) pretty crappy to chase a bloke for pennies a month but I don’t see anything wrong with charging someone who walks away in my pair of boots £5 per month left of a six month service life. Why should I subsidise someone else’s business?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk