Driving with Dogs

I’d appreciate anyone who can give me some advice on this topic.

I’m looking for companies, preferably in the South West who allow dogs to travel with you and I mean the K9 form.
Anyone out there take their dogs to work?

oh god,oh god,oh god…theres just no fun in it when its laid on a plate for you…wheres dipper dave when you need him… :slight_smile:

Simple answer; get your CPC, buy your own truck and become an owner-driver.

I’d sooner share a lorry with a smoker than someone who keeps dogs in the cab; and I say that as someone who likes dogs.

When I had my own motor I took a lad on for a day’s casual as I had something on that day.
On the way back from where I had been I clocked the truck and stopped to talk to him.
I got in the cab with him, and he had his dog lying on my bunk on my sleeping bag, I went ■■■■ ape ■■■■. :smiling_imp:

Tbh mate I don’t think you will find many firms that will let you take your dog in their trucks, but I could be wrong.

JC_COOPER:
I’d appreciate anyone who can give me some advice on this topic.

I’m looking for companies, preferably in the South West who allow dogs to travel with you and I mean the K9 form.
Anyone out there take their dogs to work?

ones doing farm work would be about the only ones i would recon

robroy:
When I had my own motor I took a lad on for a day’s casual as I had something on that day.
On the way back from where I had been I clocked the truck and stopped to talk to him.
I got in the cab with him, and he had his dog lying on my bunk on my sleeping bag, I went [zb] ape [zb]. :smiling_imp:

Tbh mate I don’t think you will find many firms that will let you take your dog in their trucks, but I could be wrong.

Bloke at my place sometimes covers my work when I’m on leave.
If its not bad enough that he smells like an ash tray, he brought his Terrier into work with him one night.
Next day, I climbed into my normally immaculate cab.
It looked like he’d opened both doors and let a herd of sheep run through it I ■■■■ you not!
I also went ■■■■■■■ ape ■■■■! He’s never bought his dog in since. To be fair though, his dog probably smells better than what he does!

Did a job today; 10 trucks at the destination - I was the only 1 without a dog in the cab

Why? Take a dog, unless it helps with loading of the cargo, sheep, cattle etc, cannot see any other reason.

I once lived in a 143 for months with a black Lab - I must have stunk, apart from swimming in the sea and rivers I never got washed :laughing:

I used some plywood to go over the passenger seat to the dash and his bed was on there. - happy times

Mans best friend, honest loyal and loving.
I would share a cab with a canine in preference to a human any day.

biggriffin:
Why? Take a dog, unless it helps with loading of the cargo, sheep, cattle etc, cannot see any other reason.

Good company! I’ve got some happy memories of being stuck on the Uists for 36 hours, just me and my border collie mooching around, having a great time.

driving somewhere between cornwall and devon today saw a 6 wheel tipper with a dog peering out the dash. didnt see which company so not much help but it’s a start.

Fella at our place brings his dog in with him everyday.

He’s the only driver besides myself who isn’t overweight. He always goes off on walks for hours.

i started a new job years ago with a 142 daycab.first day was to be in crack of dawn to lift a container and deliver to greenock docks.time critical as the boat was ready to sail…lobs in ralph the doberman,and off we go…the roll shop was just opening and it was 4 rolls and scrambled egg.3 for me,and 1 for ralph the doby…as i exit,he jumps onto the drivers seat,puts a paw on the door button,and locks me out…no problem,i know the passenger doors open,that was fine till the git wanted to see where i was going,jumped across and locked me out completely…one borrowed screwdriver,and thanks to scania for an opening quarterlight later, i got there on time.bent the catch to buggery,but never heard anymore about it.happy days :slight_smile:

If I could take my two French poodles with me I would do. They are cleaner and more hygienic than your average trucker. Poodles do not malt and mine go to a poodle parlour every 4 weeks where they get their fur cut and blow dried. I would prefer their company in exchange for many people. The bonus is that they are more intelligent and fun to be with.

ALL…

Dogs stink. Owners who claim they don’t are blinded by the smell that is constant and therefore un-noticable to them.

It’s them same with people who have body odour, they can’t smell it but everyone else can.

I’d point blank refuse to drive any motor that’s been dogged.

yourhavingalarf:
ALL…

Dogs stink. Owners who claim they don’t are blinded by the smell that is constant and therefore un-noticable to them.

It’s them same with people who have body odour, they can’t smell it but everyone else can.

not if you look after them,wash them etc

truckman020:

yourhavingalarf:
ALL…

not if you look after them,wash them etc

+1
absolutely correct in most cases old bean.
after the demise of my doberman,i had a labrador that went absolutely everywhere in the truck with me for a good 6 months,though in fairness there was a bit of a wiffy pong that got worse over the months till eventually it got so bad that the bugger would just clean refuse to scramble up the steps into the bunk with me. :open_mouth:

I dont drive with um, i kick um out at the layby before day light

UKtramp:
If I could take my two French poodles with me I would do. They are cleaner and more hygienic than your average trucker. Poodles do not malt and mine go to a poodle parlour every 4 weeks where they get their fur cut and blow dried. I would prefer their company in exchange for many people. The bonus is that they are more intelligent and fun to be with.