Delusional Drivers

Ok so another edgy post and a good debate hopefully. Why do some drivers big the job up to be something it is not?
A driver who has spent all or most of his working life sat in a truck and now thinks he is worth a lot of money may well be delusional in this frame of thinking. It simply makes him/her a more employable driver, perhaps even a better driver than some other drivers, it gives very little return in monetary terms. Driving is a relatively easy job to do, the longer you do it for, the better at it you become like with any other job. Some aspects of the job require more skill than other aspects, I could mention tankers & car transporters purely as an example. An average EMPLOYED tramper will not be on much more than £12 per hour and even more will be less than £10 per hour. There is a reason for that, you are valuing yourself higher than the job description dictates.

1.5/10

<

Stick to the driving, your ■■■■ at journalism.

vikingpete:
Stick to the driving, your [zb] at journalism.

You are delusional.

too obvious.pm dozy for some tips refer to his how i loaded 3 packs of timber post :wink:

images.jpg

dieseldog999:
too obvious.pm dozy for some tips refer to his how i loaded 3 packs of timber post :wink:

Read it, made me smile :smiley:

Boring :smiley: :smiley:

UKtramp:
Ok so another edgy post and a good debate hopefully. Why do some drivers big the job up to be something it is not?
A driver who has spent all or most of his working life sat in a truck and now thinks he is worth a lot of money may well be delusional in this frame of thinking. It makes him/her a more employable driver, perhaps even a better driver than some other drivers, it gives very little in monetary terms. Driving is a relatively easy job to do, the longer you do it for, the better at it you become like with any other job. Some aspects of the job require more skill than other aspects, I could mention tankers & car transporters purely as an example. But general haulage has a virtual set wage and simply because you value the job higher as you have more experience is not a massive amount. An average EMPLOYED tramper will not be on much more than £12 per hour and even more will be less than £10 per hour. There is a reason for that, you are valuing yourself higher than the job description dictates.

Some divers big up £7.50ph times 70 hours p/w with £20 nite out and no parking paid.

theres always the option of a pishy wage with perks making it more worthwhile?
i prefer trip money…if its abroad and the pay is decent,then the perks are just icing on the cake…40 cases of jp chenet on each bunk.no biggy if you get a tug coming across.add £1 onto each bottle for a bulk offload,and voila!!.your wages plus £500 readies as soon as your home.the only downside is getting turned at the ferry and having to lug them around for a while. :slight_smile:

truckerjimbo:

UKtramp:
A driver who has spent all or most of his working life sat in a truck and now thinks he is worth a lot of money may well be delusional in this frame of thinking. It makes him/her a more employable driver, perhaps even a better driver than some other drivers, it gives very little in monetary terms. Driving is a relatively easy job to do, the longer you do it for, the better at it you become like with any other job. Some aspects of the job require more skill than other aspects, I could mention tankers & car transporters purely as an example. But general haulage has a virtual set wage and simply because you value the job higher as you have more experience is not a massive amount. An average EMPLOYED tramper will not be on much more than £12 per hour and even more will be less than £10 per hour. There is a reason for that, you are valuing yourself higher than the job description dictates.

Some divers big up £7.50ph times 70 hours p/w with £20 nite out and no parking paid.

Which type? ■■■■ or deep sea?

I preferred it when you posted under your other name.

Joined feb 2015, no posts until 9th of June this year, 650 odd posts in 90 odd days since then!
Strange how you appear soon after another rent a gob dissappears.

dieseldog999:
i prefer trip money…if its abroad and the pay is decent,then the perks are just icing on the cake…40 cases of jp chenet on each bunk.no biggy if you get a tug coming across.add £1 onto each bottle for a bulk offload,and voila!!.your wages plus £500 readies as soon as your home.the only downside is getting turned at the ferry and having to lug them around for a while. :slight_smile:

Middle class wifeys and the Golf Club Brigade give me a cracking bonus every fortnight :laughing:

A.

Adonis.:

dieseldog999:

Middle class wifeys and the Golf Club Brigade give me a cracking bonus every fortnight :laughing:

A.

i rest my case… :wink:

dieseldog999:

Adonis.:

dieseldog999:

A.

i rest my case… :wink:

I sometimes rest my cases for a few weeks too, then lie about customs problems or “Calais again”, then bump my price up a little, that mortgage won’t pay itself.

A.

isaac hunt:

Joined feb 2015, no posts until 9th of June this year, 650 odd posts in 90 odd days since then!

Don’t keep us in suspense then.
Other name?
Which ‘rent a gob’ ?
Come on UKt, fess up. :smiley:

robroy:

isaac hunt:

Don’t keep us in suspense then.
Other name?
Which ‘rent a gob’ ?
Come on UKt, fess up. :smiley:

isaac hunt:

Perhaps you ought to tell us all Isaac as you seem to be pretty much up on the pretence stakes. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that you actually unload HGVs for a living. I posted this in the professional drivers section of the forum and not in the wanna be section. A more interesting post would be why people like you like to pretend to be lorry drivers, Do you mainly post in the school holidays or have you left and simply want to fit in somewhere? No doubt that you have a mental illness, you could look on this post and your answer as therapy. Is there not an RDC employees forum? There is food for thought for you, set one up and you could be a moderator.

UKtramp:

Delusional?
Only if the person in question BELIEVES their representation of themselves as superior, surely?
If I tell my boss how great I am to obtain a pay rise then that could be a negotiating tactic. If I sincerely believe I am better than my peers, then maybe I am delusional. (Or not, as I REALLY am great!). :wink:

An LGV isnt too shabby. It may not be up to a NVQ or City and Guilds qualification, and certainly isnt a Full Engineering Degree, let alone the PhD required to be lecturer at a University. A driver will (certainly should) with experience get better, as all professionals and craftsmen/women will. A production line operative may well rise to optimum after a few days work, a professional or artisan will learn and improve for years. Some posts need qualifications and experience. A team leader on a design or research project won`t like be appointed straight after their PhD is awarded. A few years in differing posts including a progression of supervisory posts is most likely.

So a LGV driver can be fully qualified in a few weeks and learn for a life time thereafter.

A Fully Qualified Scientist may spend 3 yrs (or more) getting one degree. Maybe a couple more yrs on another degree in a seperate field, MSc 2yrs, PhD 2more, (Typically 25 year age min to start lecturing to undergrads) and years beyond that on gaining experience in their field before becoming team leaders and researchers giving advice to bodies such as the Eu legislature. Those are highly qualified people who normally devote their time to following their career, keeping abreast of developments and having an over-riding interest in their area of expertise. They are and should be well rewarded, although they may not, and probably don`t do it “for the cash”.

As drivers we, I believe should be on more than production-line opos. We shouldn`t be on more than lecturers, or engineers.