M6

Done a run to Macclesfield from Swindon on Friday,used the bloody M5/M6,now I haven’t used the motorways for a while,how the heck do you blokes keep your patience[if you do]I was stressing out,from junction 2 M5 was a 30mph limit[reduced to a crawl]hit the M6 [not too bad]got to the delivery point,quick unload and drove back to the M6 through Congleton,took about 45 min to get through there[roadworks] then came to junction 17 M6,thought to myself great soon be home,as I turned left onto the entry ramp the M6 was solid,that was it I lost it big time for about 5 min ranting to myself about this poxy motorway,then I calmed down and 15 min later we were moving but at a crawl,dont know how others feel but I reckon the M6 has to be the worst motorway in the country,i don’t think a day has gone by when there wasn’t a problem with this craphole motorway,be it roadworks,accident,or other incidents,i have a real hatred of this motorway,have done for years,when are they ever going to sort it out,even the M25 is better than the M6,thank Christ I only use the motorways once in a while,iv’e been a local driver to where I work for two years so don’t use the motorways like I used to so I am glad for that.

truckman020:
Done a run to Macclesfield from Swindon on Friday,used the bloody M5/M6,now I haven’t used the motorways for a while,how the heck do you blokes keep your patience[if you do]I was stressing out,from junction 2 M5 was a 30mph limit[reduced to a crawl]hit the M6 [not too bad]got to the delivery point,quick unload and drove back to the M6 through Congleton,took about 45 min to get through there[roadworks] then came to junction 17 M6,thought to myself great soon be home,as I turned left onto the entry ramp the M6 was solid,that was it I lost it big time for about 5 min ranting to myself about this poxy motorway,then I calmed down and 15 min later we were moving but at a crawl,dont know how others feel but I reckon the M6 has to be the worst motorway in the country,i don’t think a day has gone by when there wasn’t a problem with this craphole motorway,be it roadworks,accident,or other incidents,i have a real hatred of this motorway,have done for years,when are they ever going to sort it out,even the M25 is better than the M6,thank Christ I only use the motorways once in a while,iv’e been a local driver to where I work for two years so don’t use the motorways like I used to so I am glad for that.

I haven’t used the M6 for years. It’s usually closed by the time I get there.

Just another day at the office. :smiley:

Rather than getting on at jct17 I’d have wiggled through the lanes down to Stoke and got on there.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I cope by letting it all wash over me! Stress is a killer and I sure as hell don’t think work is worth stressing about. Just look at the big picture, you won’t even remember one afternoon in ten years time so why waste effort getting stresed now

That M5 30mph stretch you mention is to go on for a year or so I was told. :open_mouth:
It’s stopping me getting past Birmingham on a Fri night, so I’m having to park where I load in Devon area due to nature of load.
Only compensation is running back in on longer Saturday rate, so not all bad. :smiley:

robroy:
That M5 30mph stretch you mention is to go on for a year or so I was told. :open_mouth:
It’s stopping me getting past Birmingham on a Fri night, so I’m having to park where I load in Devon area due to nature of load.
Only compensation is running back in on longer Saturday rate, so not all bad. :smiley:

That extra OT money must be a killer :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As Switch says the only way to cope is to let it all wash over you. The way I figure it is that I’m hourly paid so therefore am getting paid to sit in it, as opposed to a large majority of the other poor sods stuck in it too. My viewpoint would probably change if I was a dayman regardless of whether I was getting paid for it. As a tramper however all it means to me is extra money and perhaps a different view from my bedroom window that night.

I’m not hourly paid and have to join it from the M62 to the A500 as part of my daily utopian day. Nightmare is the term

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

switchlogic:
I cope by letting it all wash over me! Stress is a killer and I sure as hell don’t think work is worth stressing about. Just look at the big picture, you won’t even remember one afternoon in ten years time so why waste effort getting stresed now

Agree 100%
Over the past 4 months I’ve slowed down to 51 mph after all what’s 1 or 2 mph over a shift half an hour max :question: and that’s if your on a un hindered motorway for the whole shift .

I’m on salary but I’ve never looked at the quicker I get the job done the more my hourly pay is like some .

I’m paid to go from A 2 B 2 C then back 2 A if I can’t get the C bit done it goes back to A or you night out its that simple.

I’m lucky the are lot yes will at times push but then the more they push the slower you go, I’m the captain on the road not you is my attitude and yes it works, they want everything 110% by the book and that’s what they get from me back.

robroy:

The 30mph farce M5 J1 to J2 is set to run till Jan 2018,M6 south at J10 was near enough stopped last night at 6pm which is crap enough but on a Sunday night is just a joke.
So glad don’t go anywhere motorways anymore.