Even in Holland

Even in Holland, they make store delivery access for artics difficult, and put lamposts in awkward positions !

IMG_4351.JPG

A model…

Example of where NOT to put a lamp post.

Amazing model!

See this another example of how professional the Dutch are, in the UK if you’re lucky you might get a photocopied map to show delivery points, but the Dutch build scale models so the drivers can see the delivery in 3d. :laughing:

There’s no fooling TNCSI. Yes, it’s a model. Went to Madurodam with the kids last week which is a miniaturized version of Holland.

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

Some more photos. It was a good day out and the detail that went into the models was amazing.

IMG_4360.JPG

Oh my word! That looks fantastic! Love the Stena Line ferry. Does it move round the pool? This is a place to go in my must visit notebook. Thanks for sharing

I think I may have mentally scarred my 8 year old twins for life …I showed them the photos and convinced them we are being invaded by 40foot seagulls who have ate too many kfc and kebab left overs !

:smiling_imp:

Absolutely amazing place though , it puts Bourton on the Water model village to shame lol

switchlogic:
Oh my word! That looks fantastic! Love the Stena Line ferry. Does it move round the pool? This is a place to go in my must visit notebook. Thanks for sharing

The ferries were static, but there were other boats moving around. They even had moving dock gates being raised or lowered to let the boats through, and all making the authentic noises of heavy machinery moving.

They had KLM 747s taxiing around the airport, again making the authentic jet noise. They had a full moving motorway system with trucks elephant racing each other and some EEs parked up on the hard shoulder (ok, joking on that one), and trains running around the whole park.

The most amazing though were the buildings and the work that had gone into them by the modellers to recreate the intricate brickwork and weathering.

Madurodam was created to honour the memory of George Maduro by his family. George was a Jewish law student who fought the ■■■■ occupation forces as a member of the Dutch resistance. He died in Dachau concentration camp in 1945, just weeks before it was liberated. All profits from the park go to Dutch charities and is well worth a visit when you’re next in the flatlands.

amazing,bit like the model village at junction 2 M40[If I remember correctly]not been there since I was a youngster,think it was/is called bekonscot village,[think I spelt it right]

truckman020:
amazing,bit like the model village at junction 2 M40[If I remember correctly]not been there since I was a youngster,think it was/is called bekonscot village,[think I spelt it right]

The Maduro family had heard of Bekonscot village, and the fact that this park donated a large part of its profits to a London hospital each year. This is what inspired them to build Madurodam.

citycat:

truckman020:

The Maduro family had heard of Bekonscot village, and the fact that this park donated a large part of its profits to a London hospital each year. This is what inspired them to build Madurodam.

I used to go to Bekonscot village as a kid too and a friend of mine has a lot to do with it, he often drives the trains about

citycat:
[

Madurodam was created to honour the memory of George Maduro by his family. George was a Jewish law student who fought the ■■■■ occupation forces as a member of the Dutch resistance. He died in Dachau concentration camp in 1945, just weeks before it was liberated. All profits from the park go to Dutch charities and is well worth a visit when you’re next in the flatlands.

Is heartbreaking when you think all the people who were only weeks or even days away from freedom only for those ■■■■■■■■■ to kill them. But, what a beautiful way to be remembered. I’ll certainly visit one day

I remember Bekonscot, visited it as a child on a school trip. Madurodam looks incredible. Will definitely have to take my son one day. Should really do Bekonscot again too.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

citycat:
There’s no fooling TNCSI. Yes, it’s a model. Went to Madurodam with the kids last week which is a miniaturized version of Holland.

Love the Stena Line ferry miniatures… brilliant!