Eu drivers parking on hard shoulder of m1

i see it every time i go north or south past the wide load bays between milton keynes and northampton.they always seem to be full of euro drivers alseep there 3/4 motors all lines up even at the wide hard shoulder just after rugby to.but u never see any police there moving them on.even saw one i nthe moring at 5am then again when i passed at 3pm still with his curtains shut had not moved all day.then when i came down m6 the on tuesday dinner there was frigde with volvo unit park on grass by the hard should which was there for maintance trucks faster asleep.
i did call up once and they said so long as they not by the road and safe that it was ok.so ok so that mean we can do it to instead of paying highly inflated service parking charges but got no answer at all.thinks its about time we did what all euro drivers do and park in silly places to

A Friday night return from the pub racist rant.

mattecube:
A Friday night return from the pub racist rant.

Maybe, but still a very good point.

Spelling,punctuation and grammar very poor.

Despite…

Signs being placed right by the drivers window in several languages, they’re still parking under the bridges on the M25 too.

J10 on the M11 is now a regular truck-stop for foreign vehicles.

The problem is once again enforcement of the rules, not the rules themselves (which are quite clear, don’t park on the anywhere motorway).

The only way to deter regular offenders is to fine them and clamp them if they fail to pay on the spot. This is exactly what the majority of police forces do in Europe.

All down to the fact that there are insufficient free lorry parks / laybys,parking is all connected to MSAs and Truckstops who charge the earth to park,we dont have large free laybys like the ones in France.
Some Truckstops are OK providing Stobarts Waberers or Willi Betzs and the like have not moved in.

I don’t think it’s a racist rant.
I’ve seen plenty of English lorries parked under bridges etc as well, but, I’ve seen significantly more foreign ones.
Not being racist, merely my personal observation, however, I wouldn’t report them.
Life’s too short.
I agree it’s down to the fact there are very few suitable places to stop these days and It seems to be getting worse.

It’s been going on for ages and it’s now almost an epidemic.

A lot of these EU rigs are here picking up work on the cheap, they often park on services and don’t pay and never respond to parking charges… that they rarely receive anyway. It means they can operate here on the cheap and in effect are not playing with the same set of costs incurred by UK fleets. Which mean fleet owners have to take hits on rates and drivers incur hits on wages.

It’s not a racist rant to state the facts. And most of these EU trucks are from countries where the ethnicity is white… so it’s a bit stupid to claim white on white racism… especially when you delve into your own ancestry.

I’ve driven all over the EU, for many years and I’ve yet to see this Utopia of free truck-stops and massive FREE lay-bys all over the place… just another driver rumour. I’m not saying there aren’t any… just I’ve never seen this driver heaven.
There were a couple in Holland where you could park for free… this was on the common understanding that drivers would buy food & drink in the cafe operated by the owner… not any more though… this attracted EE drivers who basically parked and bought zilch… end of a good thing… now it’s pay and get a voucher.

One of the main reasons this is not being dealt with - (outside of a crash)… is that we rarely see cops these days. Been replaced with the motorway equivalent of fatty on patrol, ‘Traffic Officers’… powerless bafoons - civvies in uniforms.

So get used to it, it isn’t getting better. The M25 is the new outer London Lodge for foreign drivers. Every now and then there’s a moving on operation - but it amounts to nothing.

Anyone noticed the new bollards that have gone up on Watling St - A2? And it’s not the parking that was the issue there… the ■■■■ bottles, litter and stink of ■■■■. Look and Google Maps… street view… not updated as yet… very long row of foreign plated trucks.

So it’s not racist. It’s a problem caused mainly by foreign operators and the lack of proper facilities.

It won’t change overnight.

Jingle Jon:
So it’s not racist. It’s a problem caused mainly by foreign operators and the lack of proper facilities.

It won’t change overnight.

I agree to most of this post, the key part of which is the lack of amenities and parking to begin with. This silly driver shortage rumor is just that, we have a distinct shortage of parking and decent facilities in this country which is where we could take a leaf out of the European services.

The other week I saw a Romanian registered truck pull up and stop for a break on a live carriageway of the A1 near Retford.
I asked if he was OK as I passed and he waved his drink back presumably to show me it was break time.

sent using smoke signals

Jingle Jon:
I’ve driven all over the EU, for many years and I’ve yet to see this Utopia of free truck-stops and massive FREE lay-bys all over the place… just another driver rumour. I’m not saying there aren’t any… just I’ve never seen this driver heaven

You’ve obviously haven"t driven in France then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

groovemachine:
I don’t think it’s a racist rant.
I’ve seen plenty of English lorries parked under bridges etc as well, but, I’ve seen significantly more foreign ones.
Not being racist, merely my personal observation, however, I wouldn’t report them.
Life’s too short.
I agree it’s down to the fact there are very few suitable places to stop these days and It seems to be getting worse.

You’ve defeated your own argument!

pierrot 14:

Jingle Jon:
I’ve driven all over the EU, for many years and I’ve yet to see this Utopia of free truck-stops and massive FREE lay-bys all over the place… just another driver rumour. I’m not saying there aren’t any… just I’ve never seen this driver heaven

You’ve obviously haven"t driven in France then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve driven all over France… or much of it. Without naming the various places on Peage… which is naturally not free - included in the toll, I can’t think of anywhere that is FREE to park.

Yes there are lay-bys, but there are lay-bys here too. No doubt there are places that locals know of, but there are places here that local drivers know about.

I have a list of free parking places all around London… I naturally keep them to myself.

Perhaps you might enlighten us further by posting a list of free parking places / truck-stops in France?

Over to you.

thunder367:
i see it every time i go north or south past the wide load bays between milton keynes and northampton.they always seem to be full of euro drivers alseep there 3/4 motors all lines up even at the wide hard shoulder just after rugby to.but u never see any police there moving them on.even saw one i nthe moring at 5am then again when i passed at 3pm still with his curtains shut had not moved all day.then when i came down m6 the on tuesday dinner there was frigde with volvo unit park on grass by the hard should which was there for maintance trucks faster asleep.
i did call up once and they said so long as they not by the road and safe that it was ok.so ok so that mean we can do it to instead of paying highly inflated service parking charges but got no answer at all.thinks its about time we did what all euro drivers do and park in silly places to

So if it was deemed legal you would park on the hard shoulder of the M1 eh ?
Is that why it bothers you ?
Do you really want to… because I sure as hell don’t .
So why even bother your arse about it, fair enough it’s illegal and maybe they should get done for it, but that aint yours or my job.
As for me I aint got shares in Moto, neither am I a copper (which is why I would not take 5 minutes out of my life to report it :unamused: )
So basically nothing to do with me so I’ll concern myself with stuff that has. :bulb:
If they can get away with being financially raped on a ■■■■ hole of an MSA good luck to them.

thunder367

Don’t let this berk put you off expressing your opinion. He’s racked up over 10k of pish posts that consist mainly of telling others what they should think and crying like a baby when anyone sticks up for themselves.

He’s got an entire thread dedicated to me. Known as the Bovvered Rob’s Meltdown thread. That was my funniest internet moment since he quoted me in his sig. He’s a proper chopper.

Jingle Jon:
thunder367

Don’t let this berk put you off expressing your opinion. He’s racked up over 10k of pish posts that consist mainly of telling others what they should think and crying like a baby when anyone sticks up for themselves.

He’s got an entire thread dedicated to me. Known as the Bovvered Rob’s Meltdown thread. That was my funniest internet moment since he quoted me in his sig. He’s a proper chopper.

Oh dear oh dear Jon :unamused: …this making a fool of yourself on here has to stop you know. :bulb:

As long as I keep annoying you mate, it’s all worthwhile :laughing: .
You just can’t resist responding to me can you, even though I agreed to ignore you…a bit sad really. :laughing: you only make yourself look a bit silly.

Only this time don’t go crying to the mods, (or even more unbelivably the Police :open_mouth: :laughing: ) like you did last time, we all know how sensitive you are.
Btw The irony of you calling another user ‘sensitive’ on another thread was not lost on me, but unlike you I did not take the opportunity to jump on it as I thought it would be more adult just to stick to my suggestion of ignoring each other.
But feel free to keep hanging on my every word…I’m quite flattered in a way you know. :smiley:

Half an hour and he hasn’t responded to a post I have made…really?. :open_mouth:
Must be putting another bullying accusation in motion. :smiley:

robroy:

Jingle Jon:
thunder367

Oh dear oh dear Jon :unamused: …this making a fool of yourself on here has to stop you know. :bulb:

As long as I keep annoying you mate, it’s all worthwhile :laughing: .
You just can’t resist responding to me can you, even though I agreed to ignore you…a bit sad really. :laughing: you only make yourself look a bit silly.

Only this time don’t go crying to the mods, (or even more unbelivably the Police :open_mouth: :laughing: ) like you did last time, we all know how sensitive you are.
Btw The irony of you calling another user ‘sensitive’ on another thread was not lost on me, but unlike you I did not take the opportunity to jump on it as I thought it would be more adult just to stick to my suggestion of ignoring each other.
But feel free to keep hanging on my every word…I’m quite flattered in a way you know. :smiley:

Nice one Rob,

Lovely to hear from you. Did you get a telling off… not me mate. I didn’t complain… ask them.

And I didn’t go to the cops… was real funny though… one min your shouting bovvered… next your’e in meltdown “Am I a Bully” - you couldn’t pay for that level of class.

And yes, you did agree to ignore me… ‘will power’ not the thing of the small mind eh Rob. BTW: I wasn’t talking to you… rocket science eh.

■■■■ take aside though Rob, If you think the OP should just mind his own… what brings you here? (this thread) Are you a narcissist Rob? Do you think he should care what your think about his interests?

When I drove through France and Germany a couple of months back it was an eye-opener. On the toll roads there’s plenty of ‘free’ service areas and they’re clean,spacious,and most with fuel,cafe,and loo/showers. Plenty of EU with the satellite dish up and the washing out,but when they’ve paid the toll then good luck to them. I don’t know about anyone else but I’d gladly replace VED with toll roads to have that over here.

Jingle Jon:

pierrot 14:

Jingle Jon:

I’ve driven all over France… or much of it. Without naming the various places on Peage… which is naturally not free - included in the toll, I can’t think of anywhere that is FREE to park.

Yes there are lay-bys, but there are lay-bys here too. No doubt there are places that locals know of, but there are places here that local drivers know about.

I have a list of free parking places all around London… I naturally keep them to myself.

Perhaps you might enlighten us further by posting a list of free parking places / truck-stops in France?

Over to you.

Never been asked to pay for parking at a Routiers, have been asked if I was planning to eat at some though, never paid for parking on French services or parking areas on the free autoroutes or national roads in France, also found free parking areas in towns within walking distance of good restaurants.
Park for free on German, Austrian and Hungarian services, tend to have to pay now for Autohofs, but this is refunded in full if you buy a meal, and the parking fee is a fraction of what you’d pay in the UK.
Don’t normally pay for parking in Spain, and most of the motorway network is toll free, toll roads are mostly in the North and down the east coast.
Can park for free at many places in Italy, including places off the toll roads, but again they do expect you to buy a meal, but you can also get a parking receipt which happens to have the same value as the standard meal.