Another Bridge Bites Back

goo.gl/maps/MaaNaUjNEs92

I blame the cyclist

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That’s just bad luck, a couple a inches to low…

Given that he looks to be on the wrong side of the road, presumably he was trying to turn left and not paying enough attention to his position in relation to the bridge.

tachograph:
Given that he looks to be on the wrong side of the road, presumably he was trying to turn left and not paying enough attention to his position in relation to the bridge.

I think he was trying to go under the bridge as the only thing left there is the sorting office

mdourish:

tachograph:

I think he was trying to go under the bridge as the only thing left there is the sorting office

There’s a few thing up there,
Dan o do marquees etc could be going to the museum for an out door event

tachograph:

No he was in the correct lane, left hand lane is for left turn to prison (now closed) or straight on for station and town centre, right lane is to go round edge of town centre and then mid / north Wales, after getting through the bridge there is a prat of a 180deg turn further on as well. If it was a couple of weeks ago I would have said he was heading for the Shrewsbury Flower Show, (it’s a marquee company truck), but that’s been and gone and the trailer looks full of marquee framework anyway. Unlike a lot of the height signs the 13’6" actually tallys pretty well with 4.1m.

manski:

tachograph:

No he was in the correct lane, left hand lane is for left turn to prison (now closed) or straight on for station and town centre, right lane is to go round edge of town centre and then mid / north Wales, after getting through the bridge there is a prat of a 180deg turn further on as well. If it was a couple of weeks ago I would have said he was heading for the Shrewsbury Flower Show, (it’s a marquee company truck), but that’s been and gone and the trailer looks full of marquee framework anyway. Unlike a lot of the height signs the 13’6" actually tallys pretty well with 4.1m.

It was indeed destined for The Quarry - dismantling all the marquees from the Flower Show still on-going. Goodness knows why the poor fella chose that route for The Quarry anyhow - not only is it unsuitable for a standard artic; it’s also ■■■■■ traffic.

Another driver that could have benefited from watching fastasfox’s “hgv life lowloader work” video, tut tut, if he had only learned foxy’s infallible method for measuring height and “how to drive under a bridge when too tall”

All that embarrassment could have been avoided.

jbaz73:
Another driver that could have benefited from watching fastasfox’s “hgv life lowloader work” video, tut tut, if he had only learned foxy’s infallible method for measuring height and “how to drive under a bridge when too tall”

All that embarrassment could have been avoided.

Come on it was lower than the double deck in the yard so less than 16 feet

On a sunny day, if the tautliner is 14’9", then at exactly 11:18 if the shadow cast covers the entire roof of my trailer, then I know my height is exactly 15’5", thanks foxy, I’ll never go wrong again :slight_smile:

jbaz73:
On a sunny day, if the tautliner is 14’9", then at exactly 11:18 if the shadow cast covers the entire roof of my trailer, then I know my height is exactly 15’5", thanks foxy, I’ll never go wrong again :slight_smile:

I’m a traditionalist me…I prefer seeing what the chicken bones say.

el_presidente:

jbaz73:

I’m a traditionalist me…I prefer seeing what the chicken bones say.

Being a fridge-ist we use runes, and pray to odin.

He obviously didn’t communicate with the other drivers on his firm :wink: there were several danco curtainsiders in the quarry park when I was there earlier in the day .
I went in under that bridge easily helps having a 11,6" unit and empty low loader trailer tho :sunglasses: