For cab happy sad gits LOL

I know a lot of you guys are dreamers who look at the trucks over here and drool :laughing: I on the other hand do not, I think most of them are total crap and pointless, give a me a Scania or Volvo FH12 any day. Earlier this week I was driving down VT state route 22A and saw this useless thing which had been pulled over buy the DOT and was surrounded by them.

I stopped a few miles down the road I stopped for some drink at a truck stop and one of the DOT cops came in, I asked if he had seen the guy and he said yes, “What did you stop him for ?” I asked.
“83 feet long and he gets a $2,000.00 ticket” he replied with a grin.
My point is that these stupid trucks might impress idiots but this one has cost the driver any profit for the week and also I bet when he got to his destination he could not back on the bay and had to pay some other driver to spot his trailer. If you are going to build an extra long wheelbase truck at least put a proper sleeper on it and check where you can actually drive it. Vermont by the way has a length limit of 73 ft with a permit, 68 ft without it.

What a heap of Zb ,

At least you are far enough away from the fridge to be able to sleep.

No sneaky concealed ■■■■ on the catwalk there :grimacing:

What on earth is the point of that thing :unamused:

I remember many years ago reading one of the truck magazines, Mack if i recall correctly had a stand at the Earls Court commercial show, apparently they had to borrow a normal tractor unit (possibly a 2300 from Daf) to back the trailers into place then hitched the show tractor units up according to the article.

What’s the stadium in the background?

Don’t understand American trucks your units/ trailers seem to me miles behind compared to European manufacturers and just look plain awkward to drive

SouthEastCashew:
Don’t understand American trucks your units/ trailers seem to me miles behind compared to European manufacturers and just look plain awkward to drive

How much load can an American truck even carry with the huge tare weight of the motorhome tractor and a 36-tonne gross weight? Or have they put it up to 41 tonnes yet as they said they were going to?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Good knows how anyone thinks that looks attractive. One thing I notice when on American road trips is how fragile they seem. Everytime I overtake one they seem to be vibrating themselves to bits. Give me a close coupled S730 any day

I’ve watched…

Standard length ‘rigs’ struggle with the simplest of reverses.

That thing is impracticle, ugly, about as fuel efficient as a block of flats and has a sleeper pod the size of a boy scouts tent.

I like normal American conventionals, I personally think the best looking are the Aussie built road train primer movers. They look the business with the roo bars and the air intakes, that though looks pretty daft :laughing:

Where’s the prop shaft?

It looks like a radio controlled model lorry.

But but but it’s a Pete with straight though pipes , no doubt a four foot long shifter too Taking the Scanny Fanny to a whole new level , and yes NA trucks are dinosaurs built with all the skills Jose in Mexico can muster .

It looks a bit like one of those ‘dromedary’ units that run in Afrika, but with the tank/loading deck missing.

The long wheel base is for getting over those little woodden bridges that they have over there. That diesel tank looks very exposed ,not much ground clearance.

Freight Dog:
It looks like a radio controlled model lorry.

Looks like it’s been photoshopped to me

peirre:
Looks like it’s been photoshopped to me

No they actually are a thing.

Oh and look what I just found…

:open_mouth:

The Queen Mary had a smaller turning circle than that thing