V8 tippers?

kr79:
Doing muck away a trailer will soon become a ball ache with getting stuck.
As for that much power I doubt most tipper journeys would be long enough to make up enough time to do anymore than a 400 bhp truck.

Ironically drawbar tipper outfits are common in many places outside the UK and not unheard of here.

While there’s no argument that big power tippers would be relatively pointless if it’s all local inner city/town work.But that all changes in the case of running further out of town work.Although having said that more torque also helps in the case of pulling through soft ground regardless.All of which is probably why AJ Bull at least long ago had some very respectably specced bulkers and tippers by the standards of the day and which probably might sometimes have received similar comments regarding too much flash motor for the job.I’m guessing it’s more an envy thing in that regard than any objective view.

In this case it’s probably more just a question of the pros and cons of speccing the Scania V8 v any of the 6 cylinder alternatives,regardless of type.In which I think I’ve made a realistic case as to why some would rightly choose the V8 option.With the peak power figure being totally irrelevant in that choice. :bulb: