Rear ended

Never thought this would happen to me but I got rear ended this morning on the A34 and got pushed into the artic in front of me :cry:

If as your profile name suggests and you drive one of the new euro 6 dafs…Then i’m not surprised.As the bloody things brake at the sight of a shadow…With no warning either.Darn right dangerous…Anyway hope your ok?..Not something i’d like to happen…But then again.Some of the numpties driving trucks nowadays.Seem to like sitting about 2 ft of your rear end…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Was driving a 12 platev7.5t MAN…

How I ended up at…

■■■■■■■ hell. Glad you’re alright mate. Hope you packed a spare pair of pants!

Have to agree about the Daf’s .If on cruise control and have the automatic distance control on.A vehicle pulls out in front of you and they will do an emergency stop, with no brake lights showing, it is a recipe for disaster for the drivers that sit six inches of the under run bar.

Was it bluey circles? :slight_smile:

disgo:
Have to agree about the Daf’s .If on cruise control and have the automatic distance control on.A vehicle pulls out in front of you and they will do an emergency stop, with no brake lights showing, it is a recipe for disaster for the drivers that sit six inches of the under run bar.

what :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: no piggin brake lights on an automated dead stop, are they having a larf or what :unamused:

Nasty that bump, just shows you, if the bloke who hit you was travelling faster or heavier loaded there might have been a different result :imp:

Really missing Dipper Dave,he would’ve gone to town on this title.

slowlane:
[zb] hell. Glad you’re alright mate. Hope you packed a spare pair of pants!

Kinda makes me want to go back on the artics :blush:

daftvader:
If as your profile name suggests and you drive one of the new euro 6 dafs…Then i’m not surprised.As the bloody things brake at the sight of a shadow…With no warning either.Darn right dangerous…Anyway hope your ok?..Not something i’d like to happen…But then again.Some of the numpties driving trucks nowadays.Seem to like sitting about 2 ft of your rear end…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’ve driven the new e6 XF when my 12 plate XF was off the road - not impressed!!!

Emergency braking with no lights? How the â– â– â– â–  was that passed through as ok?

Brussels? :open_mouth:

Emergency braking systems would have to illuminate the brake lights I cannot believe they would not. Even the exhaust brake if braking hard enough will illuminate the brake lights.

When I was learning my rigid had an auto exhaust brake that came on when you started slowing downhill. I asked my instructor if that put the brake lights on, he said no. After that I always periodically lightly tapped the brakes to trigger the lights, just in case.

Our Dad CF rigids do illuminate the brake lights on the exhaust brake if the speed differential is enough under light exhaust braking they won’t the same as our Volvo FH units. I very highly doubt any vehicle with emergency braking would not illuminate the brake lights as it would be plain dangerous and such a system would not be able to pass safety standard. I think our 15 plates are Euro 6 of the top of my head.

Were you in the puddle jumper? If so, your username is a bit of an over reach, lol

Shandy123:
Were you in the puddle jumper? If so, your username is a bit of an over reach, lol

Yes I was and I also hold my class 1 and have driven them but this job is on my doorstep :wink:

DAF95XF:

Shandy123:

Yes I was and I also hold my class 1 and have driven them but this job is on my doorstep :wink:

Must be a pain getting the shopping in?

daftvader:
If as your profile name suggests and you drive one of the new euro 6 dafs…Then i’m not surprised.As the bloody things brake at the sight of a shadow…With no warning either.Darn right dangerous…

Only dangerous to the halfwit behind who is driving too close and not paying attention. If you don’t drive up the chuff of the vehicle in front then it isn’t an issue. If you hit the back end of one that does then that was your fault.