Trying to find a new job

is there anything out there that’s not agency.
Looking in and around the telford area, everything is agency, remember when agency’s were set up, short term jobs for a short term surge in work.

Casper1877:
is there anything out there that’s not agency.
Looking in and around the telford area, everything is agency, remember when agency’s were set up, short term jobs for a short term surge in work.

Class 1 or class 2?

At least with Agency you get to try out a number of different firms before deciding upon which one suits you.

If “everything is agency” then take advantage of that aspect. If every firm seems to be using them, then this becomes your foot in the door as to getting a job in at least some of those places.

The firms that are offering “real” jobs will be those who are busy throughout the entire year. Good pay isn’t guaranteed though, especially if “Salaried”. What you see is effectively what you get.
If a yard feels the need to include lots of “allowances” to beef up otherwise crappy headline pay - then just move along to another firm that seems to offer a great salary, but doesn’t explain what hoops you’d have to jump though to earn that amount. Better the upside by a mystery one can take at face value than the downside be certified fact, with any movement from the bottom - being the “Mystery”. :bulb:

Class 1
Never worked for a agency, always had full time employment.
With the agency I suppose you could get a variety of different work.
I am really not one for wanting to earn big money always been about terms and conditions for me, as I am getting a bit older, trying to get a good work life balance going on at home with the family.

Casper1877:
Class 1
I am really not one for wanting to earn big money always been about terms and conditions for me, as I am getting a bit older, trying to get a good work life balance going on at home with the family.

I’ve seen plenty of companies looking for drivers in your area as for some reason they keep appearing on my search.

You been on Indeed, googled local haulage firms in your area?

As stated above, most seem to be through or with agency’s

I’ve had alook on most of the websites and 90%seem to be through agency’s.
See why company’s possibly go this way, see what drivers are like before employing full time possibly.
I just prefer the security of a full time job, if there is such a thing.
Never given working for a agency much thought.

Take a day off and do the rounds of companies in your neck of the woods.

Try CML Telford
I know their not showin vacancies on their web site but it’s worth going in

I’m in the same boat in Manchester! The real jobs on offer are poor pay and the agency are screaming out for class 1 but are reluctant to offer good money on PAYE.

Strange times in the trucking world.

Casper1877:
Class 1

I hear you, its the same around here, money is rubbish but I dont care about that, its a lifestyle thing. I went on indeed last week as I was looking at moving from my current position. Have had 3 ring me up from the ads, so my suggestion try Indeed as it worked for me. I don’t like agency work as a rule but not ruling them out.

Thanks for the replies, I do look on indeed regular, I enjoy my job on nights, time has come to try to swap it round, ideally for the sake of the family, not being greedy or unrealistic into what I want, but it really needs to be the right hours.Seems easier said than done, or just bite the bullet and try a agency, I really don’t know.

Casper1877:
Thanks for the replies, I do look on indeed regular, I enjoy my job on nights, time has come to try to swap it round, ideally for the sake of the family, not being greedy or unrealistic into what I want, but it really needs to be the right hours.Seems easier said than done, or just bite the bullet and try a agency, I really don’t know.

Try edwards transport

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Casper1877:
I’ve had alook on most of the websites and 90%seem to be through agency’s.
See why company’s possibly go this way, see what drivers are like before employing full time possibly.
I just prefer the security of a full time job, if there is such a thing.
Never given working for a agency much thought.

I never understand that theory, you know within a few months if some is OK, if not the party ways.

Ring Maidens…speak to Shaun Bowen.

As for agencies… speak to Andy Wardroper at Proactive in Oakengates…he’ll have you in right away., got loads of work…he’ll keep you working. Top bloke, my daughter works with him

What do we do when a web search for “Full time employment only driver” comes up with Indeed, jobisjob, TRG or whatever - instead of the direct website, web application form, and other actual useful information about the actual place one is trying to get a job at?

I investigated full time Tesco jobs once - only to find that the whole ■■■■ thing seems to be an agency monopoly now.
I bang on about “I want to wear the uniform” for a good reason actually. If you don’t want to wear the uniform - then Agency work should be a lot more popular than what it is.

Honked:
I’m in the same boat in Manchester! The real jobs on offer are poor pay and the agency are screaming out for class 1 but are reluctant to offer good money on PAYE.

Strange times in the trucking world.

So in other words, the real jobs on offer are poor pay, and the agency are screaming out for Class 1 but are offering poor pay! :laughing:

The reason fundamentally is that there isn’t an overall shortage of drivers, the vacancies are just a manifestation of different haulage companies (and agencies) all trying to undercut one another by attracting cheaper drivers (and on worse conditions) than the next company.

If drivers fail to bite for the lower-pay jobs, the work simply returns to (or remains with) firms with drivers on higher pay.

DId anyone really think that market competition was designed to increase the pay of workers in routine occupations? :laughing:

Edwards yes. Scanias and seem a really laid back company to work for.

mdourish:

Casper1877:

Try edwards transport

Or Culina at Market Drayton.

Nate187:
Edwards yes. Scanias and seem a really laid back company to work for.

I work at edwards and they never ring up.