Sun glasses

As the weather at the moment is particularly sunny and bright, I thought I would start another great post. Whose sun glasses are the best driving glasses? I have my favorites and I can tell you all that these are the ultimate driving glasses. Ray Ban aviator which not only make me look cool but are in my opinion the best you can get.

Sunglasses you say …
youtu.be/7nNPh8BrTQ8

b0aa6aa6-1228-4030-b41f-9a8a4b1cc7d0.gif

^^^ lol love it ^^^

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

OOO a favourite subject of mine. :sunglasses:

best sunglasses I ever owned came courtesy ofJorden F1, they were a pair of serengti’s ( cat3) polaarrized, would have cost £140. dropped them couple years ago, was gutted, since then I’ve used Tesco ones, £7.00 a pair at most, must have a dozen pairs, break em throw em away, then whilst in spain this year, spotted some polarized ones for E20.00, (cat3) so took the risk, dam good pair of glasses, if your looking for a really dark lens try and get some skiing (cat4) lenses polarized.

tried ray-bans, hated them, Oakleys make me look like a US navy seal, or a private security contractor in Iraq., very over priced, foster grants do some very good ones, also try and get glass lenses, only down side is the reflective coating scratches easily. :sunglasses:

also wear sunglasses as much as possible to protect you eyes, from the uv rays all year round, :sunglasses:

I was beginning to lose heart with this post, I think it is important to not only get the UV protection, but to also look really cool. I must say I look like a fighter pilot in mine.

untitled.png

UKtramp:
I was beginning to lose heart with this post, I think it is important to not only get the UV protection, but to also look really cool. I must say I look like a fighter pilot in mine.

biggriffin:

UKtramp:

That’s me right there. :smiley: :smiley:

Sunglasses give a false sense of security…I gave up wearing them 7 years ago…over about a month your eyes will become accustomed to sunlight…
The human eye developed to help our ancestors judge speed and distance…for hunting and escaping predators.(and later generations for driving trucks)
By all means tell me I am a [zb] …but just back it up by posting prehistoric paintings of cavemen wearing ray bans…

You seriously believe squinting in the sun is better than Ray Bans? I have seen cave paintings of cave men & women wearing Ray Bans, its a well known fact

Heisenberrg:
Sunglasses give a false sense of security…I gave up wearing them 7 years ago…over about a month your eyes will become accustomed to sunlight…
The human eye developed to help our ancestors judge speed and distance…for hunting and escaping predators.(and later generations for driving trucks)
By all means tell me I am a t…t …but just back it up by posting prehistoric paintings of cavemen wearing ray bans…

nei.nih.gov/hvm/healthy_eyes_glasses

biggriffin:
OOO a favourite subject of mine. :sunglasses:

best sunglasses I ever owned came courtesy ofJorden F1, they were a pair of serengti’s ( cat3) polaarrized,

I’ve had a pair of Serengeti sunglasses for years, but I had to pay for mine. :frowning: I have been given plenty of free ones over the years, perk of the job, but still prefer the Serengetis, they’re still in one piece maybe because they are well made, far better made than the Raybans I had before, also probably due to the solid case you get with them, although my case does look like it been through the wars.

My Ray Ban case is a tough case, I have the mirror finish which really cuts through the glare. I keep seeing drivers with different glasses just wondered what everyone else wears.

Heisenberrg:
By all means tell me I am a t…t …but just back it up by posting prehistoric paintings of cavemen wearing ray bans…

The average caveman was probably dead by the age of 30, so really didn’t have to worry about looking after his eyesight into old age, when the eyes don’t work so well and stuff you’ve done in your youth comes back and bites you. They also didn’t spend many hours a day looking through a glass screen into heavy sunlight.

All time favourites were a pair of Ray Ban ‘The General,’ they lasted years and survived many encounters with the ground but sadly some slimy git nicked them.

Had a brilliant pair of oakley that were chosen because they fitted under my full face bike helmet (not worn when wagon driving!). Sadly the hinge broke on the side arm after many years of abuse.

Now back on a half mirrored, polarised pair of Ray Ban. They’re light and comfy and do a good job of cutting out glare but still allowing you to see the dashboard instruments. Best, they’re close fitting so prevent dust going into the eyes. Trust me, if you wear contact lenses you really don’t want dust anywhere near your eyes!

CoPilot

Reef:
CoPilot

Fighter Pilot, or CoPilot its the same thing really. Most people see me in my Aviators ad say, bet he uses CoPilot.

peirre:
Sunglasses you say …
youtu.be/7nNPh8BrTQ8

Isn’t it astonishing that the decade that gave us so much good music also gave birth to this kind of cat spew. …

Heathens! If you’re going for the big three; location, poise and two fingers on your right hand on fire then I’m afraid only Oakley will do.